Via 52 problem — TomTom Community

Via 52 problem

my device has recently started to automatically switch from map view to route details while driving. I am then struggling to change it back to map view as it keeps reverting back to route details. i am not sure if the device is getting too hot while driving and is in the sun on the windscreen.
Can i set it map view ?
Is anyone else having this problem?
Any suggestions would be helpful?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,428
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @Scorpio446
    Welcome to the site
    As far as I recall Via 52 has a Resistive screen (Not a Smartphone Capacitive type Screen)

Check around the area where the screen meet the bezel for any gunge and or grit, this can cause ghost tap's on the screen....
    A badly fitted screen protector will also cause the same ghost tap's on the screen....

Also hold the screen flat and look across the surface of the screen with a light source shining on the screen, the surface should be dead flat... Are there any depressions on the surface from heavy use ???
    Especially in the area of the top 'Info Bar'.... Where you Tap on the screen to switch from the Driving View to List View....
    This might allow the intermittent contact of the two ITO conductive surfaces ???

d0o3wkr9nywd.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM