GO 60 doesn't see my SD card after update — TomTom Community

GO 60 doesn't see my SD card after update

R0bert311R0bert311 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 2020 in Map installation
My GO 60 doesn't see my SD card after update, but no Menu available because the map is on the SD card..

Best Answers

• R0bert311R0bert311 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, thanks for the response but I was using a 32 Gb card before the update lost the card connection.

Robert

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,982
    Superuser
    Hi @R0bert311

Hopefully @VikramK can add a small map to your account so that you can download that to the units internal memory. Then you can sort the Memory Card out and reload the map on it if necessary. Look back here later

Doug
    That would be nice but its a worry that the menu need a map to work.

Robert

This in my second Tomtom, the first is now in mt wife's car but I'm hesitant to update until the 60 is sorted. My daughter keeps telling me to ditch the Tomtom and use my phone however......
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,454
    Superusers
    Hi
    @R0bert311
    Welcome to the site....
    Important Catch22....
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, thanks for the response but I was using a 32 Gb card before the update lost the card connection.

Robert
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,982
    Superuser
    Hi @R0bert311

The point is that if a small map is added to the account and you can then add that to the unit so that it goes on the internal memory then this will give you access to the menus and can then sort the extra memory card out.

Lets see what @VikramK says tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    @R0bert311
    Hi Robert

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your GO 60 through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
    Fixed by stepping down to a 16Gb Class 10 memory card.

Robert