Go6200 reset — TomTom Community

Go6200 reset

Why do I have to reset my device Go 6200 nearly every day, I bought it in Jan 2019

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,884
    Superuser
    Hi @porky2020

What issues are you having that cause you to reset every day.

How much free memory do you have on the internal memory. See Settings/System/About.

Do you have an Extra memory card fitted if so what size and how much free memory.

Doug
  • porky2020porky2020 Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug thanks for getting back.
    I have 3,56 gb internal memory free, I dont have extra memery card installed.

Porky2020
    it looses connection and wont reconnect
    Superuser
    edited September 2020
    Hi @porky2020

So not a lack of memory then.

Do you mean the Bluetooth connection stops and won't reconnect.

Are you using an iPhone with IOS13 or later..

How many maps do you have on the unit?

Doug
    Hi Doug.

TomTom Go 6200, it built-in SIM (sim & data included).
    it disconnects from live traffic and my account
    it doesn't need a phone to work
    Superuser
    Hi @porky2020

I mentioned the iPhone in case you were referring to the handsfree and messaging facilities.

I would do a Soft Reset first to see if that sorts it. ie Turn the unit on and when ready to use press and hold the ON/OFF button down for 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll sound at which point let the button go. The unit will restart.

If that does not sort it then a Factory Reset.. Before you do this log into your Account on the Mt Drive Website that all your My Places and any Poi and Route files you have added to your device are stored there.

If they are there then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

As I asked before how many maps do you have loaded on the unit?

Doug
    Hi Doug, i have 2 maps on the device
    united kingdom/Republic of ireland and Europe this was preloaded when i got it.
    i have deleted europe
    Superuser
    Hi @porky2020

Please go to Add a Map in Settings/Maps and add the Iceland map. The reason is that this will protect you from the No Maps Found situation. If you only have one map on the device then if during an update, which you should do one at a time, you could lose the map and then the unit will not start normally. The Iceland map is very small (30mb) and will hardly be noticed on the internal memory.

Once you have done that then see if the unit works normally. If the unit then runs normally then maybe the next step is to reload a Europe Map and see if it also then runs okay.

Doug