Does anybody use a Sailfish phone and a GO 5200? — TomTom Community

Does anybody use a Sailfish phone and a GO 5200?

I'm trying to connect my Sailfish phone (it's actually a Sony Xperia but running Sailfish OS) to my newly acquired GO 5200. I had it connected to my previous GO 5100 without a problem but now it seems it won't work with anything except an iPhone or Android device, neither of which I have. Although my Sailfish phone will run Android apps, I don't want to contaminate it with such stuff. In theory all I have to do is tell the phone that it should connect and indeed, it shows the 5200 but never pairs with it. I just get a rotating hourglass and I then have to power-off the phone to get out of that. Does anybody have any ideas?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Hi toner_cloud

I doubt the GO 5200 would pair with a phone running on a software/firmware that is not listed as compatible in our article, see-
    Edit: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957479

I am afraid there is not much that I can suggest as troubleshooting advice here.. sorry...

Regards, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,704
    Superusers
    Hi
    @toner_cloud
    I assume the Sailfish O/S phone has a Bluetooth connection ???
    My Nokia 625 Widows 10 works for Data connection & Phone calls....
    If you only need a basic Phone and Data Connection....
    You don't need the MyDrive App with its bells & whistles....
    Just a Straight simple Bluetooth Connection

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Bluetooth --> Add Phone
    Scroll the screen down to display the Question mark Icon ( ? ) Screen bottom right
    Tap on the ( ? ) Question mark Icon....
    Select... Not interested in all of these features
    Connect without the MyDrive App

Follow the on screen instructions... To connect over basic Bluetooth

Also see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1669861/#Comment_1669861

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • toner_cloudtoner_cloud Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK I don't see the images on the page you pointed to and that's despite trying 2 different browsers.

@YamFazMan Thanks for the pointers but I still have the problem, namely that the Sailfish phone never appears in the Bluetooth screen and at the moment, the hourglass is still going round on the phone with no way out other than to power it off. Bluetooth has always been troublemsome on these phones, for me anyway. I'll take a look in the Saiflish forums to see if anybody there can offer any suggestions. As an aside, my first bike was a Yamaha, a YDS3 in 1965 :-)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi @toner_cloud
    I have edited my post to replace the link... This one should take you to the page where the images are displayed correctly...

Thanks, Vikram :)
  • toner_cloudtoner_cloud Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @toner_cloud
    I have edited my post to replace the link... This one should take you to the page where the images are displayed correctly...

Thanks, Vikram :)

Many thanks Vikram. I can see the images now. I won't be able to have a play today as I'm busy with other things but once I have the opportunity to experiment some more, and if there is any change, I'l respond here.

Once again, many thanks for the update.