Signing in — TomTom Community

Signing in

FrustratedofBristol1FrustratedofBristol1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2020 in Forum feedback
I have long been registered here as Carminat, but recently I bought a new device (GO Premium) and registered it with a different email address. The site now refuses to allow me to login as Carminat, only allows me to use ensonATme.com, then wants to be registered all over again. Can somebody fix this for me please?

@VikramK perhaps?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,861 Moderator
    Hi @FrustratedofBristol1

Could you try clearing the cookies in the browser and try logging in again using the credentials for the 'Carminat' account?

Also if you could try logging in using an incognito or a private window..

Let me know....

Regards, Vikram
  • FrustratedofBristol1FrustratedofBristol1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have cleared cookies and cache. That didn't let me use carminat login. It only offers ensonATme. But if I don't login and simply contiue to enter tomtom site, navigation support, then discussions, this (frustrated of bristol) is what comes up, which is a brand new registration I completed in order to request your help.

MAC iOS 10.15.6, Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)
    @FrustratedofBristol1

I have requested our service provider(Vanilla) to investigate is there is some issue with the 'Carminat' account from their end.

Will get back once I have an update...

Regards, Vikram
    @Frustratedofbristol

The team has come back explaining that this could be due to the SSO login flow.
    Sounds like you are unable to sign out of your account under the email address you used to set up the username- 'FrustratedofBristol1' from within TomTom to allow to you enter a new email address and password to log in as their old account under email for 'Carminat'.

They have once again advised to completely log out of their account within TomTom and use a different browser or an Incognito window to log in.
    It sounds like when trying to log in, the TomTom sign-in page is automatically populating the xxxxxxxxxme.com email address and will not allow them to remove it and enter the email address for the 'Carminat' account.

They suspect you have checked the box to keep yourself logged in when signing-in.

It's important that you are logged out of the forum and the support site or any other TomTom website to allow you to log-in with a different account.

Thanks, Vikram