Shot auto-detect works intermittently — TomTom Community

Shot auto-detect works intermittently

Robbo666Robbo666 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 16 in Golfer & Golfer 2
This has nothing to do with scoring or left-handedness. I feel the greatest attribute of this device is informing you of the distance of your last shot. Any device can tell you distance to the hole only. One really can't use one effectively without the other. However, I find my watch missing the auto-detect more and more. While it was once 98%, I believe it is now only detecting about one-third of my shots during a round. Very frustrating. What can I do?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,343
    Superusers
    The only thing to do is try a factory reset, in the event it is a software issue. The watches are obsolete and TT Sports has been out of business for almost 3 years so there is no more development and I doubt that would be covered under warranty (which is for manufacturing defects only).
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,343
    Superusers
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Actually, this should rather be fixed by restarting the driver of the motion sensor. To do this, hold Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (macOS) while resetting the watch in the Settings of the Sports Connect desktop app. This will switch off the watch. To turn it back on, press any button on the watch.

Good to know, thanks Jurgen!
  • Robbo666Robbo666 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you, Jurgen. I'll let you know.
  • Robbo666Robbo666 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks again, Jurgen. It was back over 90% detected for my last round.