I have the VIA 53 model of Tom Tom for two years now but no Tom Tom voice updates? — TomTom Community

I have the VIA 53 model of Tom Tom for two years now but no Tom Tom voice updates?

YARDIE FanYARDIE Fan Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
In the old days I had this Tom Tom XL model but this newer model called VIA 53 is getting so boring? I am not happy that I bought this one. Why are there no new voices being released and why can I not upload old voice files as I used to on the XL but than unto this VIA 53 Model instead?.. Why is Tom Tom blocking this kind of functionality? The Tom Tom voices that are available at the moment are not the ones I prefer and still the same as two years ago so please upgrade this so I can enjoy the VIA 53 as I was used to with the XL model.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    Hi @YARDIE Fan

What particular voices you had on your old unit that you would like on the new one. If you give a list then hopefully @VikramK will be able to add those voices that are compatible with the new unit to your account so you can add the to the Via53.

Doug
  • YARDIE FanYARDIE Fan Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 2020
    There is this one voice in particular that I have been looking for years which is that West Indies - Jamaican Yardi voice. You can see it on this YouTube Video when you use Google. It is the only TOM TOM voice that gives me a relaxed feeling while driving and also lot's of people found it special. See :
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Hi @YARDIE Fan

Unfortunately, that voice is no longer available, and adding of customized voices is not supported on the newer models.

I will log this as feedback to be included in our monthly reports.

Thanks, Vikram