Tom Tom GO 520 — TomTom Community

Tom Tom GO 520

On my system only scandinavian countries are installed. TomTom was included in the used car I bought
W Europe and Central Europe are on a memory card.
How can I install the European countries into the system ??
so TomTom GO 520 can be used outsdide Scandinavia

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @madebo
    Welcome to the site....
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Connect over Wi-Fi... See Option... (1) In the link below....

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable....
    Connect over USB... See Option... (2) In the link below....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722678/#Comment_1722678

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,756
    Superuser
    Hi @madebo

If your GO520 is one of the Old units with a serial number starting M2 or M4 then it has been declared obsolete by Tomtom so it is not possible to add further maps etc to the unit.

Doug
  • madebomadebo Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks a lot Dough, serial number indeed starts with M2 so Tom Tom considers it obsolete. No idea how old my system is but it came with a car I bought from an elderly gentleman who never installed maps other than Scandinavia. European maps are on añ SD card.tgds
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,756
    Superuser
    Hi @madebo

Circa 2009 was when the GO520 unit you have was on the market. The major issue is that the internal memory of the device is either 512mb or 1gb. The operating system has Ito go on the internal memory and when it fist came out the map went there as well.

The operating system is much larger now and the Europe map is circa 9gb thus the current models have 16gb of internal memory.

Doug