My Runner will not download longer (more than 30 minutes) walks. — TomTom Community

My Runner will not download longer (more than 30 minutes) walks.

BobbSBobbS Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
It's OK on shorter ones. If I walk around the house, it'll download OK, and store the file on my computer. But longer walks will not download. If I look at one of my shorter walks then use the right arrow on the walk display, it will show the longer walks with all detail. BUT there is no record stored with the Runner 3 data file.

Best Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    I already told you to do a factory reset, that is your only option. All a factory reset does is install fresh software on the watch it does not touch your computer so you do not need to back up any files.
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    BobbS wrote: »
    Thank you very much - I've done a factory reset and it appears that that has solved the problem. In addition I removed the download to a second site (MapMyFitness) which appeared to be causing difficulty in down-loading and perhaps preventing the download into the TomTom site. A walk yesterday was logged correctly and down-loaded properly.

There was a reported problem with the MapMy... sites so that may be related to that.

Answers

• BobbSBobbS Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for that. I have done a reset but haven't tried any 'long' walks yet to see if there is any difference. I am reluctant to reinstall the firmware in case I lose data. Or I am stopped from accessing previous walks. This happened a few months ago when I installed the firmware into a second TomTom watch. The error messages on the PC state that the "download is not possible right now to try again later. But 'later' never comes!!!
    I am unsure about how to reload the firmware. Please tell me how to do it.
    Thank you so much for your help.
    I've reset the watch twice (recovery mode) now but it hasn't sorted the problem. Went for a 3 km walk yesterday and logged it on my Runner 3 as four separate walks of about 0.75 km each. Before I went on the 3 km walk I logged a 2 minute stroll, and also at the end. When I downloaded all six 'walks' only the two short strolls got stored on the computer NOT the four actual walks.
    Now I'm wondering whether I need to do a 'Factory Reset' as shown in the manual. I've downloaded all my previous walks from the computer storage onto a USB stick, so I won't lose them. What is your recommendation?
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    I already told you to do a factory reset, that is your only option. All a factory reset does is install fresh software on the watch it does not touch your computer so you do not need to back up any files.
    Thank you very much - I've done a factory reset and it appears that that has solved the problem. In addition I removed the download to a second site (MapMyFitness) which appeared to be causing difficulty in down-loading and perhaps preventing the download into the TomTom site. A walk yesterday was logged correctly and down-loaded properly.
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    BobbS wrote: »

There was a reported problem with the MapMy... sites so that may be related to that.