Overwriting / force re-downloading map on TomTom Go Navigation app on iPhone? — TomTom Community

Overwriting / force re-downloading map on TomTom Go Navigation app on iPhone?

I've got the app running on iphone 11 pro without issue until this morning when I tried a map update. 'UK Central' should be 378Mb but is only showing as 3Mb and doesn't work - I can't route anywhere between approximately Barnsley / Doncaster and London which is useless. If I try to delete the map, it won't let me and says 'Invalid map (10111)' If I try to get the map again, it doesn't show on the add maps page as it thinks I've already got it.

Support won't help with phone apps and want to charge me £149 for lifetime maps as they say my maps have expired. I'm already paying the £12.99 a year for the app so am not paying again for something that has worked up until this morning.

Can anyone help with how to sort the map failure issue?

TIA
Andy

Best Answer

Answers

• Andy - YorksAndy - Yorks Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    PS the other maps updated OK (UK North and UK South) and are working...
    edited September 5
    eqkvaevli3b1.png
    026lc8wvaix6.jpg
    owmosqq5cl7k.png
    The first screenshot shows the UK Central map as 378Mb which is what it should be. This is taken from another phone that hasn't been updated.
    The second pic shows the UK without the Central map so you can't route to or through it...
    The third is showing the map at 3Mb after update that failed and the invalid map message I get on trying to delete it. I'm on app version 2.3 and IOS 13.6.1. If I delete the whole of the UK maps, it will take out the north & south maps and still give me the error code about the central map so I'm getting nowhere and need the app to be working for some long drives after next weekend...
    Thanks for the info, @DougLap.

I have the phone backed up but will deleting the app lose all the My Places etc? The conformation box on the phone says it will delete app data as well...
    @DougLap Many thanks - it's worked and activating it again brought back my places :+1:
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Andy - Yorks

Glad you are sorted. 🥳🥳🥳

Doug
    Thinking about it, the scamming crowd were adding the 'TomTom support' number to threads on the website - I think it was TomTomMapupdates.com I was on after a google search.... The number was 02039508393 and they also listed an Italian number... One to avoid in the future...