Update issue — TomTom Community

Update issue

Hello,
I have a tomtom start 20 navigation device. I am living in Turkey. The device has "free lifetime map update" but when i connect my device to my drive connect via cable it only update 2016 map (Turkey s.965.7269). Also when i check maps it says "expired". How can i update my device to newest map?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    Hi
    @hakan_ak
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • hakan_akhakan_ak Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for reply. I hope they can solve my problem ASAP. With 2016 map the device is useless for me. I choosed tomtom because of "free lifetime map update". I hope Tomtom keeps its word and i can update 2020 map without any problem.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,917 Moderator
    Hi @hakan_ak
    The device information on our systems does not reflect that the device was embedded with lifetime maps.
    Please get in touch with our customer service, they might need some additional information before activating the services.
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK
    I tried to send e-mail to customer service but i could not because it ask "order number" and i don't have any order number. Is there any e-mail adress to send my mail directly?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,908
    Superuser
    Hi @hakan_ak

Maybe it is asking for an order number because you are wording your question in a way that it appears to be Order related . Try saying you have an issue with the device.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hi again,

Customer service finally solved my problem. I had able to update my map to latest one. Thank you @VikramK @YamFazMan @DougLap for your helps.