RIDER550: Display switches to Satellite View at programmed Destination WHY? — TomTom Community

RIDER550: Display switches to Satellite View at programmed Destination WHY?

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 106 [Supreme Trailblazer]
edited September 2020 in RIDER
Guys,
Every time I use the thing I have issues with it. Current top of the list is having arrived the display shows approximately where I am in the county. Maybe useful if I want to call in a missile strike from outer space but otherwise useless. If I happen to over shoot my programmed destination it would seem I have to re-plan from the next safe stop. I haven't found an easy to find "Go to Recent Destination" like on my older units and the entire menu system is VERY gloves UNFRIENDLY so its get off, undress etc. Am missing my Rider 2. Big chunky icons I could use with gloves. I guess the issue is with the "Auto-Cancel-Route-on-Arrival" feature in lieu of a more useful icon like the older units.

My mate's AUDI satnav had this (as per thread title) feature and he also hated it. I've looked through the manual and the unit and I'm stuffed if I can find an option to change it.

I am sure I had a feature on earlier units that gave me this option. Where is it on the Rider550?

Please don't tell me I just give the screen a prod in the right place and all is well. GLOVES any one??

Like many/most motorcycle riders I wear gloves when I ride and so far I have still not got a viable touch screen sensitivity setting that works. Even if the screen sensitivity was sorted I cannot get anywhere with the little screen icons. Do these guys know how big the end of a motorcycle gloved finger is? Evidence suggests "NOT".

I would also like a "User-Cancel-Route" option. Haven't seen one of those.

Generally and coming from the Rider 2 and other obsoleted units I have to declare the improved Rider550 experience as total PANTS. Everything seems to be in the wrong place or impossible with gloves on.

I currently have a number of unanswered thread questions about the Rider550 operation. Am I asking too much?

Hey! Have they changed the "TAGS" feature recently? HORRIBLE!!
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    TigerRider wrote: »
    Every time I use the thing I have issues with it. Current top of the list is having arrived the display shows approximately where I am in the county. Maybe useful if I want to call in a missile strike from outer space but otherwise useless
    Sorry there is not an option to turn off 'Automatic Route Clearance'
    As far as I recall... Automatic Route Clearance Rules
    (1)… When you arrive to destination the route will be cleared (Inside a 50m radius)
    (2)… When the last known location is less than 400 meters from your destination AND it has been more than 120 minutes since the user suspend/turn off device, the route will be cleared automatically on the device.
    (3)… When the user suspends the device for more than a week, the route will be cleared automatically on the device.

Maybe useful... In the Setting menu
    You can turn off the automatic Map switching to the North-up overview map

With "Automatic Map Switching" turned off when you arrive at your destination the device will continue using your chosen navigation screen to show your present location...

ecdc5dcc-1ec2-4a20-a5f5-abdfe1209080.jpg
    Note... you may need to tap the Plus Icon button (Situated Under the 'Direction of Travel' Icon) a couple of times to zoom in for the map detail
    (At least it stops the Map switching to the North-up overview map with a zoom level view like the view from International Space Station)

Setting-up... From the main screen
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance....
    Turn off Automatic Map view switching
    Tap Blue arrow head Icon ( > ) top right on screen to exit

But unfortunately this has an effect to both ends of the journey.....
    If you have turned off Automatic Map view switching
    Now whenever you have planned a route, you will have to tap the "Lets Go" banner or the "Direction of travel Icon" the arrowhead above the plus and minus buttons
    To switch to your chosen navigating screen
    The Map does not switch at either the start or the end of your journey

There are also three options for the Zoom function.....
    (1)..... Zoom into next turn
    (2)..... Based on road type... I prefer the zoom set to 'Based on road type'
    (3)..... None
    From the main screen
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Automatic zoom....
    Choose the required option
    Tap Blue arrow head Icon ( > ) top right on screen to exit
    I haven't found an easy to find "Go to Recent Destination" like on my older units and the entire menu system is VERY gloves UNFRIENDLY so its get off, undress etc. I am missing my Rider 2. Big chunky icons I could use with gloves
    Sorry but there isn't a Quick Icon back to Recent Destinations....

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces --> Recent destinations....
    The Recent destinations list contains your last destination/s and .ITN Stops
    The list is in reverse order i.e... The last Destination or Stop visited heads the list....
    I would also like a "User-Cancel-Route" option. Haven't seen one of those
    Clear Current Route....
    d4b2w5rv6lte.jpg
    ATB YFM