GO6200 - speed camera alerts stop appearing — TomTom Community

GO6200 - speed camera alerts stop appearing

Hi,

GO6200 - software version 19.201.0010.411

When driving along a planned route, at random times the speed camera alerts disappear. The next camera icon in the traffic bar disappears, and if I drive past that location no alert is spoken. If I toggle the "Speed camera and hazards" button in the Sounds & Warnings menu from on to off then back on again, the speed camera alerts re-appear. There are no connection issues at this time, as traffic continues to work and display correctly.
This is disconcerting when I am on an unfamiliar route, as I don't know if speed cameras are working for the route or not.
I have factory reset the unit and the issue still arises. Is anyone else experiencing similar?

Nigel

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @simplysup2

I would first try a factory reset.

Before you do that log into your Account on the MyDrive website and check that your MyPlaces and any POI files and Routes you have sent to your GO6200 are all stored there.

If they are then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

After the Reset the Operating Software and Map versions are unchanged and the unit should sync your MyPlaces etc once the unit logs into your MyDrive account

Doug
  • Fluffy1710Fluffy1710 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    I have the same issue with my Go520
    ,ive noticed that it works if its connected to wifi signal
    very annoying to be honest

also not being able to speak to someone on the end of a phone line is absolutely disgraceful
  • Fluffy1710Fluffy1710 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ive also done a factory reset , still get the same outcome
  • simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @simplysup2

I would first try a factory reset.

Doug

I guess you missed the bit where I stated I'd already tried that?
    Superuser
    Hi @simplysup2

When did you last have a Cameras update.

When you say that after you Toggle the Switch does a cameras then appear that was missing when you past it.

Doug
    Cameras are updating regularly, last was yesterday. When I toggle the switch the *next* camera on my route becomes visible, where it wasn't before. From then on for the remainder of the route, the camera alerts work correctly - and may do so for the next 1/2 dozen routes, before I identify another failure (because I know there should be a camera coming up, and one isn't showing) and have to toggle again. The problem is when I'm on a route I'm not familiar with, so don't know whether a camera should be visible or not..
    Soft reset numerous times, makes no difference.
    Superuser
    Hi @simplysup2

Have you tried the following. It should reload the software on the nit.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The tricky bit is the timing of the 3 Taps.

Doug