Same problem on my Renault — TomTom Community

Same problem on my Renault

paulsmith1998paulsmith1998 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I ahve just updated the SD card, and same issue here - "Error 100565" Europe map not valid

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi @paulsmith1998

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

The present map I activated will get your device back to the working condition; the map version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
  • paulsmith1998paulsmith1998 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for this. I have deleted the map, but when I go into the map purchase site, it just says "loading" and doesn't actually change....it has been loading for an hour. I just come out of it, and go back in, but the same thing ?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi Paul

I have activated a map for your TomTom, is that offered as a download in TomTom HOME?

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

I am unable to find the map you have provided. All the maps have a charge...see attached screen shot.
    Thanks

Paul

I ahve again today run the updates, and still the same original problem...."Error 100565" Europe map not valid" ?? Pls advise. Thanks
    edited September 2020
    Hi Vikram, The lack of response is a little disappointing. I have again tried to update the SD card, then delete the Europe map, and when I re insert and search for updates, it just says loading....it has now been 'loading' for 5 hours. Is this correct ? If so, how long does it take ? I have fibre optic broadband - how big is the update ? Or is it just frozen ? Thanks
    I have left this 'loading' for 20 hours, and still no change. i have now aborted the loading. I now have a Tomtom in car that is functioning less than when I tried to update ?