Troubled TOMTOM after installing new map — TomTom Community

Troubled TOMTOM after installing new map

I have a Go Live Camper & Caravan (Go Live 1005). It has worked without any issues for about 7 years. Recently I bought and installed a new map (Europe v10.55), and then the devise became totally useless.
  • Turning it selves on an off all the time.
  • Time-wheel spinning constantly.
  • Problems finding GPS-connection.
  • Loosing the map-image.
  • Often not responding when touching the screen.

Totally useless, as said!
  • I did change the new map from "Europe Camper v9.50" to "Europe v10.55" (standard map), and checked the comparability with the devise before purchasing.
  • The old and new map was installed/uninstalled simultaneously.
  • I have tried to uninstall the new map as well, reinstalling the old one, but then the problems is still there.
  • I have tried resetting the devise to factory settings, with no effect.

Any proposals for a fix, any one? :)

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,461
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @draarn
    Welcome to the site....
    What are the first 2 Characters of the serial number (Don't post the full serial Number)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • draarndraarn Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The first two characters in the serial is "ST"

I did the two-character-check before buying the map, and got a "green" for "go"...
    OK, ...I haven't installed any MicroSD-card at all, have only used the internal memory. This being said, the devise-issue remains after reinstalling the old map...

...and the indicator for free space after installing the new map indicates only 70-80% use of memory.
    I see I can choose to install a smaller area map. I'll might try to install the Scandinavia map, and if this turns out to work ok, I'll better buy a MicroSD-card for full install... :)
    Installed a the smallest single map on my list, The French Antilles, uninstalled the map over Europe. No buggy issues with the Antilles, regarding GPS-contact, shutting off and such. Couldn't try it on the road though... :p

Bought a MiniSD-card right away, (32GB, to be on the safe side :) ) reinstalled the map over Europe to the card...works perfectly! =)

Thanks a lot... =)
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @draarn
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    But after posting my reply I was sat watching the TV, and thought, the NAV3 devices have much smaller Maps than the NAV4 & NAV5 devices... I'm so used to posting about the latest devices I forgot... But all's well that ends well... I guess the Full Europe map + the Camper Map were still pushing the 8GB onboard memory limits of the GO Live 1005 Camper & Caravan....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    *ehm* I might have concluded the success a bit to soon :/

Yesterday evening the TOMTOM worked perfectly...
    ...but today It's back to the same ****! :s

Now I wonder if it can be an issue with the battery, ...or the USB-adaptor in the 12v output in the car (?)

Before trying It yesterday, I had the navigator connected to an 230v charger for hours, before updating. The indicator-light on the devise was green. Today it was yellow when driving...
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @draarn
    Are you using the supplied Tomtom Power adapter & Lead ???
    The Charger Adapter and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time

Many 3rd party Mismatched Charger Adapters won't run and charge the device at the same time

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    Are you using the supplied Tomtom Power adapter...

Nope, not now anyway...I'll have a look in my camper. To much electrical stuff flying around these days... :p
    - - - - - - - - - -

Yes! I found It in the camper rubble..! =)