Connection with Endomondo lost — TomTom Community

Connection with Endomondo lost

KingAKingA Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2020 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Hi, I have problem with export to Endomondo. On the app I've info 'not connected, details of update'. Login button is not available. I have remove and added Endomondo as a linked app several times and logg in but everytime I close tom tom app it goes back to the info

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Have you gone onto Endomondo and removed permissions for TT from there as well? Do that then reset the link from the TT side.
  • BorisLoyBorisLoy Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hello, I've the same issue since 26.08., disconnecting and reconnecting, uninstalling and installing again of both apps doesn't seem to help
  • sir_azazel1sir_azazel1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    the same , from the same date..
    Superusers
    Endomondo may have ended their partnership with TT Sports since they have been out of business for so long and there are a lot fewer people using TT watches these days. You may want to reach out to Endomondo and ask them. In the meanwhile you can download your activities and manually upload them to Endomondo.
    You're right @tfarabaugh, there're some update on Endomondo so it's their fault :) TT exports workouts correctly to e.g. Myfitnesspal
  • BxGoldenBxGolden Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    My TomTom Runner has stopped syncing activities with Endomondo since August the 15th. I see the activities on TomTom Sports but the upload to Endomondo fails. I've tried to delete the Endomondo link in TomTom Sports settings and create it again. When it is freshly created it shows "Connected" on the website; then I try to upload the activities with TomTom Connect and after a while on the website the status is "Not connected, update details".
    What I can do to solve the problem?
  • KingAKingA Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, Thanks for all the replies. I tried to connect from the scratch on both apps. I think I will contact Endomondo.
    Hello, Endomondo replied to me: "Thanks for writing. Any integration we have with TomTom is based on their use of our public API. You can read more about how to connect your account on TomTom's end here https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/213705937. As such, we have no control over the data exchanged between apps. Please contact their support team with further questions regarding the syncing of our applications. We appreciate your understanding in this matter."
    Anyone had luck with this issue?
    Best regards
    Superusers
    BorisLoy wrote: »
    Hello, Endomondo replied to me: "Thanks for writing. Any integration we have with TomTom is based on their use of our public API. You can read more about how to connect your account on TomTom's end here https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/213705937. As such, we have no control over the data exchanged between apps. Please contact their support team with further questions regarding the syncing of our applications. We appreciate your understanding in this matter."
    Anyone had luck with this issue?
    Best regards

No luck so far. Since TT went out of business over 3 years ago and laid off the entire development staff I doubt they are going to do anything about it.
  • DalcazarDalcazar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi I have a problem with the connection between my Tom Tom runner 2 and Endomondo.It has worked fine until recently but no longer.I have been to the settings in both apps and made sure they accept the transfer of data,but still won’t work.Any suggestions?
    Thanks
  • Philip70Philip70 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    i have a Runner3 and the same problem since a few weeks. Uploading to Strava is no problem. Any help would be appreciated.

• TonnieTonnie Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    [3rb1hbsup1wv.jpg
    yt1ttqju0db2.jpg
    oc8i4slbp0nk.jpg
    ns9yl9bacqqp.jpg
    4j6cujyt1qzc.jpg

08/16/2020 was the last time these files were created, afterwards no more updates to endomondo, but 3 messages in the queue, but retrying has no result. will solve this problem soon, it may not be that I have to buy a new sports watch to use endomondo, this has worked fine for years, so please fix the problem.
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Tonnie wrote: »

08/16/2020 was the last time these files were created, afterwards no more updates to endomondo, but 3 messages in the queue, but retrying has no result. will solve this problem soon, it may not be that I have to buy a new sports watch to use endomondo, this has worked fine for years, so please fix the problem.

It is most likely that this is not going to be fixed, the link to Endomondo is likely gone for good. TT Sports went out of business almost three years ago and laid off their entire staff so there is no one to fix it. The watches are obsolete and they are not making any fixes. Your only option is to download the activity from TT Sports (or if syncing by computer have it create the file for you each time) and manually upload it into Endomondo.
  • infernalinfernal Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 2020
    Even after relog on tomtom through endomondo still not uploading recent activies
    today even my tomtom app on computer show "error" and then even did not upload to strava + endomondo.
    however on tomtom profile it appear.
    help.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Hi everyone,

We are currently migrating several backend services for Endomondo. While this will ultimately result in increased reliability, there may be some temporary interruptions to the following:
    · Workout history, Activity Feed, and sharing
    · Challenges scoring and leaderboard updates
    · Training Plans
    · Third-party workouts syncing

We do not expect any of these outages to last for more than an hour, but you can always check the Endomonodo platform's status for real-time updates here:https://status.underarmour.com/

Please follow the steps here suggested by tfarabaugh to reset the connection again in the Sports website.

If you experience anything unusual, please let us know and provide as much information as possible. This will help us to escalate and resolve the problem. 

Regards, lampard
    Hello lampard (props for the avatar!)

Well, mentioned issues above are still occurring - sync to Endomondo is not working. Connecting and reconnecting Tomtom Sports and Endomondo did nothing so does reinstalling the apps.
    *.fit etc. files for Endomondo are not being created (and for e.g. Strava activities are syncing correctly and the files are created on the hard drive properly).

Best regards
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    The maintenance work at Endomondo may have broken the export again. We had to remove and add the exporter a couple of times for ourselves but in the end it worked.

Maintenance message:
    https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011673119-Work-In-Progress

Status page (the API will be for 3rd party exporters like ours)
    https://status.underarmour.com/
  • Oleg0505380779Oleg0505380779 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. gps tracks are not transmitted to Endo, but activity without gps is transmitted).
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    I have the same problem. gps tracks are not transmitted to Endo, but activity without gps is transmitted).
    Have you seen my reply here? https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1724717/#Comment_1724717
  • Oleg0505380779Oleg0505380779 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, friend, I saw your message. But Endo says the blackout will last no more than an hour. And I do not see TT in the status of external platforms. And I am also alarmed that Endomondo's support service shifts its problem to TT. This makes it even more incomprehensible to me who will solve this problem and whether they will decide at all.
  • michal22michalmichal22michal Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 2020
    I also disconnected the endomondo from the tomtom application, I noticed it only now, after 20 days, that it does not switch from tomtom to endomondo, but I gave the endomondo disconnect and reconnect and for now it's fine. But during these 3 weeks I did not synchronize any activity with tomtom with endomondo, is it now possible to return to it and turn on the synchronization again from 23rd August to now, to transfer about 30 activities from tomtom to endomondo? Is it possible to manually go back to this and re-sync from August 23 to now so that these activities are on endomondo?

Mod edit: Machine Translated from Polish!
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    I also disconnected the endomondo from the tomtom application, I noticed it only now, after 20 days, that it does not switch from tomtom to endomondo, but I gave the endomondo disconnect and reconnect and for now it's fine. But during these 3 weeks I did not synchronize any activity with tomtom with endomondo, is it now possible to return to it and turn on the synchronization again from 23rd August to now, to transfer about 30 activities from tomtom to endomondo? Is it possible to manually go back to this and re-sync from August 23 to now so that these activities are on endomondo?

When you reestablish the connection it only uploads activities from that [point forward. you can download the missing activities from TT (under the activity go to Share and download a file) and then manually upload it to Endomondo.
  • michal22michalmichal22michal Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 2020
    I have already downloaded such a file from my mysports.tomtom https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/settings/account-manage/data-protection/ the file is in 6.zip format but how to add it to endomondo now?