Update 10.55 Europe — TomTom Community

Update 10.55 Europe

NJP100NJP100 Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello, my virtually brand new device says "oops, something has gone wrong" when I try to update. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @NJP100

See this FAQ https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958719-Error-Oops-there-s-a-problem-with-connecting-to-TomTom-Services
    If you get this error message the first time you’re using your new Wi-Fi device, it can be resolved with a reset. See: HOW DO I PERFORM A FACTORY RESET ON MY DEVICE?

If you are getting the error message while you are trying to update your device or log in to MyDrive, you need to check that your device has a proper connection.
  • NJP100NJP100 Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Niall yes I do have a proper connection. This is not the first update I have conducted. Could it be a memory issue? I assumed it would wipe the old Europe map before loading the new one.
    Unfortunately if I try to read your links, I get sent to a generic home page.
    My device tells me it has:

Europe 10.45 and Europe 10.50 loaded

Also USA, Canada & Mexico 10.55

I have tried to delete 10.45 but the device won't let me.

I would appreciate help!! Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,153
    Superuser
    Hi @NJP100

Has this been resolved now following your later post?

Doug
    Hi @DougLap. Yes in that I carried out a factory reset, removed my old SD card which I think was somehow sitting on the SD card and taking up significant space. So I have successfully loaded 10.50, and when my new SD card arrives (ordered from TomTom) I will load the US maps again - not that I need them immediately...Thanks for your interest. Any tips when I look to add the US maps, following insertion of the new SD card?
    Hi @DougLap many thanks