GO 5000 computer voice — TomTom Community

GO 5000 computer voice

I seem to have lost the computer generated voice and cant find it listed under 'voices' any ideas

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,164 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johners
    Welcome to the community! I have activated the computer voice- Serena for your TomTom GO 5000. (unfortunately, Malcolm is not compatible with the NAV4 models)

Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,222
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @johners

Which voice s missing so that @VikramK will know which one you want. If you don't know the name why language have you selected.

Doug
  • johnersjohners Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello, Its the computer generated voice thats missing, all other voices seem to be there. The voice control doesn't work which i assume is linked to the missing computer generated voice. This seems to have come about after my last download of a map update?
    Superuser
    Hi @johners

The computer generated voices are specific to the language you have selected . Some languages do not have a Computer generated voice related to them.

So if you don't know the name of the voice you want then advise here what language you have the unit set to. If it is set to English (UK) then there re 2 voices Serena and Malcolm.

As soon as you tell us the language then @VikramK can allocate the voices to your account so you can add them to the unit..

Doug
  • johnersjohners Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok Doug, it is English(UK).
    Superuser
    Hi @johners

Hopefully @VikramK will be able to add Serena and Malcolm to your account tomorrow. Look back then

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,164 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johners
    Welcome to the community! I have activated the computer voice- Serena for your TomTom GO 5000. (unfortunately, Malcolm is not compatible with the NAV4 models)

Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.....

Thanks, Vikram