Map Zones - Missing UK — TomTom Community

Map Zones - Missing UK

PWatsoPWatso Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
I've a Rider 2013 which had the full European map and worked fine. Earlier today I updated and had to choose a zone instead. Looking at the map icons, the South West Europe Zone covered the UK, France and Spain, which is what I need, so I installed it.

It now doesn’t contain the UK. I checked again and could see that I had plenty of memory left for the Western Europe zone so I loaded that. Now I find the SW map has gone so I no longer have Spain available and all of my UK favorites have disappeared. No doubt if I switched back to the SW zone, I'd find that all my Spanish favorites have gone too.

This renders the device useless for going on my holidays to Spain if I want to plot an interesting route in the UK to get to the ferry. TomTom Home might tell me that I "can switch maps at any time" but how am I supposed to download and install 1.5GB of map data on a ferry without my computer or broadband?

Why does the South West Europe map not include the UK?
Why can my Rider only hold one map at a time when there's plenty of memory left?
How can I switch back to the last full European map? (Which does what I need. I don't care about updates if they're just going to screw things up for me).

@VikramK are you able to add the Western Europe map (not zone) to my Home account giving me access to my most used countries - I would be so grateful.

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,516
    Superusers
    edited August 26
    Hi
    @PWatso
    Welcome to the site....
    I don't have a NAV2 Rider I have the NAV5 Rider 550 (Wi-Fi)

But on my NAV2 Start device the Maps are selected tapping the Flag Icon screen top right....
    Looking at the Rider user guide... Have they moved the country selection button to screen bottom right ???

u8o4dqky70w5.jpg
    Or do you use the 'Switch Map' in the Options Menu....

3vmypx2r9svc.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • PWatsoPWatso Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi its to do with the size of memory and change in zones. Other users have had the same problem and am hoping it can be fixed by providing me with the Western maps rather than zones.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,289 Moderator
    Hi @PWatso

Welcome to the community!
    Western Europe has been activated for your RIDER. Please check for an update in TomTom HOME.

Regards, Vikram

Hi @VikramK , thanks for the welcome and acting so swiftly!

So basically i had most of Europe maps until I updated last night. I got your Western Maps update (thank you) but it would now seem its to large for my internal memory on my Rider 2013.

I therefore downloaded South West Zone that on the picture and description shows UK, France and Spain, but when on the TomTom it doesn't include the UK??

So I have now attempted to downloaded Western Zone, which downloads ok but then wont install, it says due to previous errors? So in effect i am now left with a TomTom without UK maps on??

I have spent hours on this last night and this morning and am having terrible trouble.

Please help.

Thanks Paul
    Hi @VikramK - After many hours last night and today I have now been able to put both South Western zone (Excluding UK) and Western Zone (Including UK and Spain) on and can switch between maps. Wasn't able to do this before so thanks if it was anything to do your end!

Paul