Activate services live + sim — TomTom Community

Activate services live + sim

Sergio37Sergio37 Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
I have a Carminat TomTom LIVE
IB2xxxxxxxx5. I have to buy an update for the map of Russia + Live service. I have a map update, live services do not work. Most likely the sim card is deactivated, there have been no subscriptions for 5 years. How to activate the card?

Mod edit:Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @Sergio37

I suggest you try Customer Support to see what they have to say.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug
  • Sergio37Sergio37 Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    I can't find email support, and all other services are useless
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    HI

Have you tried working through my suggested method to facilitate contacting Customer Support?

Doug
    I tried but it didn't help
    Superuser
    His

Did you not get the box where you could choose to try Chat or email.

Doug
    I was able to contact you via chat. In the chat, please contact the dealer, but the dealer shrugs. On the forum I saw that users have activated a blocked sim
    edited August 2020
    Good afternoon.

I have a Carminat TomTom LIVE
    IBxxxxxxxxxx55. I have to buy an update for the map of Russia + Live service. I have a map update, live services do not work. Most likely the sim card is deactivated, there have been no subscriptions for 5 years. How to activate the card?
    Chat started
    Tamara joined the chat
    Tamara
    Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care Support.  My name is Tamara and it is a pleasure to assist you.
    Oh, in this case you will have to conatct your Car dealer to replace the SIM for you.
    Because we cannot re-activate the SIM.
    You will have to get in touch with Car dealer and they will help you.
    I read on the forum that You have the ability to activate it. The dealer doesn't know how to do this
    Tamara
    Once the SIM is disabled we cannot activate it. Its only Car dealer who can do this for you.
    You can give contacts where the connection is with the only dealer
    I paid for the live service and just spent the money
    Tamara
    No they can help you .
    Please check with them once again.
    You can show this chat transcript to them because this cannot be activated by us.
    I ask you to tell me who to contact.exact contacts.
    Email?
    tel. ?
    Tamara
    You can contact Renault Service center near your area.
    Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    they are not competent in these matters or do not want to do it
    Tamara
    They have the access and only car dealers can help you in SIM activation issue. Rest everything we support and take care of.
    I am very sorry that You could not help me with the paid services
    Type a message here...

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Sergio37

Unfortunately, our customer service team won't be able to re-activate the disabled SIM.
    If you recently ordered a subscription they could help you with raising a refund request.

A communication email is sent to the customers who have a device with an inactive subscription before the SIM is disabled(3 years of non-use).

You might want to check with the car dealer if they are able to provide you with a replacement SIM or what other options are available.

Thanks, Vikram
    Thanks for the answer. Dealers in Russia do not know how to replace or activate a sim card.Strange situation, I paid for the money and want to use the service , but the developer can't support the services.
  • kampmann-lkwkampmann-lkw Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think this is a common problem with Tomtom: not very competent in terms of helping actually normal stuff! Sorry to have to mention this. Normally Tomtom is ok, very ok, but in these thing - not at all!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    edited August 2020
    @Sergio37

The reason we send an advance notification email is to avoid such situations. You can contact them on the email address available on their website
    Sergio37 wrote: »
    Strange situation, I paid for the money and want to use the service , but the developer can't support the services.

If the car dealer cannot help then you can still contact our customer service for raising a refund request for the subscription amount you paid.

Regards, Vikram