Broken glass on the watch — TomTom Community

Broken glass on the watch

WaltherclaudioWaltherclaudio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited August 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
About a year after purchase, the glass of my TomTom Running watch broke. How can I contact repair assistance?

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    You can't, for several reasons. TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago, they never offered a repair service, glass breakage is not covered under warranty and the glass is not a replaceable part. You would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).
  • WaltherclaudioWaltherclaudio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    pessima azienda, non acquisterò più un prodotto TomTom. Pubblicherò sui social
    Superusers
    pessima azienda, non acquisterò più un prodotto TomTom. Pubblicherò sui social

How are they a bad company? They went out of business, how long do you expect them to support products that were discontinued almost 3 years ago and are fully out of warranty? Feel free to post on social media, i doubt very much they care since they don't sell watches any more.
  • WaltherclaudioWaltherclaudio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    Error. I bought the watch a year and a half ago on the commerce site. If you want I will send you the invoice. They will no longer sell watches but this demonstrates the seriousness of a company for the other products it advertises.
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Error. I bought the watch a year and a half ago on the commerce site. If you want I will send you the invoice. They will no longer sell watches but this demonstrates the seriousness of a company for the other products it advertises.

I don't work for TT so sending me the invoice makes no difference. Even if you bought it a year and a half ago, glass is not covered by warranty and their going out of business was well covered in the media and a little research prior to buying the product would have made it clear. And in any case, you dropped or damaged the watch, which was your fault, not theirs, it was not a manufacturer's defect. if you drop your cell phone and smash the glass do you expect Apple to replace it for free? On a cell phone the glass is an easily replaceable part, it is not on a watch where it is incorporated into the body of the device. It is up to you to say or do what you want and post to whatever social media you want, I am just saying it will do nothing other than maybe making you feel better, and there may be value to you in that,.