New device with Iberia map? — TomTom Community

New device with Iberia map?

JorgehsilvaJorgehsilva Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello, I need to buy a new gps, can you please tell me wich models come with a Iberia map?
Because Europe mao is not detailed enough for my work.
Thank you

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,155
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Jorgehsilva

The Tomtom GO Premium comes with World Maps. In your case if you purchase the unit within Europe then it is supplied with the Full Europe map pre installed however you also have free access to all the Tomtom Car based Maps which means that you can then add any map you wish to the device. Amongst the maps available is one called Map of Iberia (Spain and Portugal). but you can also have the USA or Australia etc.

The GO Premium model has 16gb of internal memory and the facility to add an extra memory card up to 32gb for more maps if needed and it also has an inbuilt Mobile sim for Traffic data so you do not need to link to your phone unless you want the handsfree facility.. Provided you have a minimum of one map on the device at any time you can add and remove masp as and when you want. I would recommend that you have a minimum of 2 maps on the unit as should you be updating your main map, which you should do one at a time, and there is an issue and the map is lost the remaining map enables you to run the unit normally and reinstall the lost map.

All the available maps have lifetime updates as do Traffic and cameras on that model. There is the GO Premier X model which is the same except there are a number of accessories that come with it

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,155
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Jorgehsilva

The Tomtom GO Premium comes with World Maps. In your case if you purchase the unit within Europe then it is supplied with the Full Europe map pre installed however you also have free access to all the Tomtom Car based Maps which means that you can then add any map you wish to the device. Amongst the maps available is one called Map of Iberia (Spain and Portugal). but you can also have the USA or Australia etc.

The GO Premium model has 16gb of internal memory and the facility to add an extra memory card up to 32gb for more maps if needed and it also has an inbuilt Mobile sim for Traffic data so you do not need to link to your phone unless you want the handsfree facility.. Provided you have a minimum of one map on the device at any time you can add and remove masp as and when you want. I would recommend that you have a minimum of 2 maps on the unit as should you be updating your main map, which you should do one at a time, and there is an issue and the map is lost the remaining map enables you to run the unit normally and reinstall the lost map.

All the available maps have lifetime updates as do Traffic and cameras on that model. There is the GO Premier X model which is the same except there are a number of accessories that come with it

Doug