The screen is switched and then the touch screen stops responding — TomTom Community

The screen is switched and then the touch screen stops responding

My Start 62, from shortly after the end of the warranty, when driving it changes to the text screen of driving directions. I updated it two weeks ago, and I still have the same problem. It works fine for a while and hangs. It has maps and radars of Europe. I will greatly appreciate your advice.mosea340twn3.jpg

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @Angel270660
    Welcome to the site....
    The Tomtom Start range of PNDs have Resistive screens...

Check around the area where the screen meet the bezel for any gunge and or grit, this can cause ghost tap's on the screen....
    A badly fitted Screen protector will also cause the same ghost tap's on the screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Angel270660Angel270660 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    Thank you very much YamFazMan. I take note of the observations and will continue testing.

• Angel270660Angel270660 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    Good afternoon foreros. I have followed the logical advice of YamFazMan. Today I have tried and it remains the same. I do not know if it is worth sending it to the technical service (the little use it has had, for my part, has been unbeatable). The previous one also of this brand, which is already obsolete, continues to work, and I do not know whether to think that this unit has turned out bad. I appreciate your suggestions.