Adding New Voices to GO ESSENTIAL 6" — TomTom Community

Adding New Voices to GO ESSENTIAL 6"

I really want the Ozzy Osbourne voice on my GO ESSENTIAL 6" device but i just cannot figure out how i can do this, or if my GO ESSENTIAL 6" SatNav is even compatible to have downloaded voices.

Can someone please explain how i can achieve this? The MyDrive Connect Windows app on my laptop tells me that my device is connected via WiFi but it doesn't give me the options or the tools to manage my device....

I've been struggling with this for some time now, hope you guys can walk me through this?

I am located in England, UK.
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,291
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Chris_1986

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up and if the voice is compatible with your new device add it to your account so you can download it to your GO Essential.

Look back here later.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,166 Moderator
    Hi @Chris_1986

Welcome to the community!
    'Ozzy Osbourne' voice is not available, sorry..

Regards, Vikram
  • Chris_1986Chris_1986 Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Chris_1986

Welcome to the community!
    'Ozzy Osbourne' voice is not available, sorry..

Regards, Vikram

I have now purchased the Mr T voice directly from my tomtom account but its not pushing the new item to my Go Essential device?

Is the Go Essential devices compatible for new voices?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,166 Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Chris_1986 wrote: »

I have now purchased the Mr T voice directly from my tomtom account but its not pushing the new item to my Go Essential device?

The voices will not be offered as a download unless it's assigned to your device account on our servers. Please contact the customer service to confirm the order status.

Yes.

I also don't find your GO ESSENTIAL linked to your TomTom account used on the community. Probably the device is set up under a different account or not linked yet.

~ Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »

The voices will not be offered as a download unless it's assigned to your device account on our servers. Please contact the customer service to confirm the order status.

Yes.

I also don't find your GO ESSENTIAL linked to your TomTom account used on the community. Probably the device is set up under a different account or not linked yet.

~ Vikram

My device is linked to my account as i created the account on the satnav itself on the day of purchase through setup.

Its just not connecting to My Drive Connect on my laptop nor connecting to TomTom Home.

Something is going wrong somewhere, I can update it via WiFi no problem what so ever...
    Superuser
    Hi @Chris_1986

The GO Essential is designed to not need a PC except in specific situations.

As you say you can update using Wifi which is how it was designed to work.

The situations where you would use a PC are when your Wifi is not fast enough, you have no Wifi maybe for health reasons or you are needing to do a full recovery of the device.

The software you would need on your PC in the above circumstances is My Drive Connect. However when you connect the GO Essential to the PC all you will see is a screen saying Do it the easy way Wifi. When that screen is showing then you do not touch the PC as it is purely being used as a connection to the internet. So when that screen is showing then all management of the device is done by using the GO Essentials menu options as you do when it is directly connect via Wifi. There are no management tools in the My Drive Connect software that you can use to manage any activity on the device.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Chris_1986

The GO Essential is designed to not need a PC except in specific situations.

As you say you can update using Wifi which is how it was designed to work.

The situations where you would use a PC are when your Wifi is not fast enough, you have no Wifi maybe for health reasons or you are needing to do a full recovery of the device.

The software you would need on your PC in the above circumstances is My Drive Connect. However when you connect the GO Essential to the PC all you will see is a screen saying Do it the easy way Wifi. When that screen is showing then you do not touch the PC as it is purely being used as a connection to the internet. So when that screen is showing then all management of the device is done by using the GO Essentials menu options as you do when it is directly connect via Wifi. There are no management tools in the My Drive Connect software that you can use to manage any activity on the device.

Doug

So basically I have to install my Mr T voice purchase directly from the device and not via the PC? If that's the case, how?
    Superuser
    Hi @Chris_1986

If the voice is compatible and maybe @VikramK can confirm or otherwise then when the purchase is added to your account you go

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New items
    The voice should be found there as a download. In fact when you turn the GO Essential on you could see a message that’ there is something for download as Updates are advised.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Chris_1986

If the voice is compatible and maybe @VikramK can confirm or otherwise then when the purchase is added to your account you go

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New items
    The voice should be found there as a download. In fact when you turn the GO Essential on you could see a message that’ there is something for download as Updates are advised.

Doug

Surely it is compatible as I purchased on the TomTom aite
    Problem resolved. After fully resetting my Go Essential like I have done before, I was finally able to push my Mr T voice purchase to my device after almost two hours of trying to get this done once and for all.

TomTom devices shouldn't be this difficult to manage!!