Can't turn on Multi-Sport watch — TomTom Community

Can't turn on Multi-Sport watch

MklsungMklsung Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited August 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I went swimming with my watch and couldn't stop the activity afterwards (water damage?). The left button wouldn't work. I did a hard reset as Tomtom support suggested and it turned off the watch and now I can't turn it back on.

When I connect to my laptop, nothing happens, my laptop says 'Connect to device'.
When I charge the watch, nothing happens, no battery charging sign appears.
I've pressed each of the four buttons for short and long periods and nothing is happening.

I called Customer Support and they said it's no longer under warranty (it's 7yrs old) and to take it to a stockist who might be able to repair it. I have tried taking off the metal square around the buttons but I don't think the buttons are the problem. Can anyone help before it goes in the bin?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Otherwise it is not worth repairing. TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and stopped all production and development so they are obsolete. You would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • MklsungMklsung Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply. Everything looks ok, the swimming must have fried it. I think it's Garmin time but I have loved my Tomtom up to now. :)
  • pedgarbapedgarba Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Mi Tomtom Adventure
    muestra humedad en la pantalla. Supongo que ha perdido la estanqueidad. Todavía no tiene tres años.
    Alguna solución ? Hay servicio técnico en Valencia ?
    hi7wd9zakjqf.jpg
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    pedgarba wrote: »
    Mi Tomtom Adventure
    muestra humedad en la pantalla. Supongo que ha perdido la estanqueidad. Todavía no tiene tres años.
    Alguna solución ? Hay servicio técnico en Valencia ?

There is nothing that can be done. It is out of warranty and TT does not offer a repair service. You can put it in a bowl of rice to dry it out but the seal is gone so I would avoid getting it wet go forward. You would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).