I can't get any help - No speed cameras — TomTom Community

I can't get any help - No speed cameras

I bought a 5200 GO about 6 months ago via Amazon. Recently the speed camera alerts stopped working. My updates were 'up to date'. I've tried everything and eventually did a complete unit reset. It's taken ages to get signed back into Tomtom and I downloaded My Drive app. When plugging in GO to my PC I'm told I don't need to plug in!! I think everything is updated OK and unit works OK BUT still no speed camera appear on maps? I've done a simulated drive where I know there is a camera but it doesn't show during trip.
HELP

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,895
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomOrchard

Do you get offered and so download camera updates from time to time ?

Doug
  • TomtomOrchardTomtomOrchard Posts: 8 [New Seeker]
    Yes, in the past no problem
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomOrchard

The GO5200 is designed to not need a PC except in special circumstances. The it doe sneed a PC it only uses it as a Link to the Internet and you can not manage anything that happens on the GO5200 via the My Drive Connect software.

Hopefully @VikramK can check your Settings on the Tomtom Servers to see if you should be getting the Cameras info. Look back here later.

Doug
    I don't use the TomTom very often and when left in the car the battery drains often. However when charged up all setting etc are still there but the speed cameras during a trip a couple of days ago had gone. The only thing I have done recently was download My Drive - could that have removed them?
    Thank you Doug I'll keep checking in. I thought this unit came with 'life time' traffic and camera updates so I hope this can be fixed.
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomOrchard

No that should not have done any thing to the unit whether you mean the My Drive Connect software or the My Drive App on your Phone or you have gone to the My Drive Website and logged into your account.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    Hi @TomtomOrchard
    Don't see any issues with the subscriptions or in the logs.
    If it's a problem with one of the updates that could have corrupted the installed package then it might need some advanced job creation by our 2nd Line Team that will enable you to do a clean reinstallation of the package.

Please get in touch with our customer service with the information below and they should be able to assist you with this-

- When was the last time the updates for speed cameras were installed?
    - Since when did the alerts stop working?

Thanks, Vikram
    Thank you. I've tried to contact customer service but keep getting a fault response so no progress with them. I don't understand your comment 'advanced job creation'. Can you get them to contact me?
    I probably did the last update about 10 days ago. I only use that car about twice a week and only noticed the camera warning wasn't working on Monday this week.
    I've been trying to contact support/customer services and keep getting redirected back to this site?
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomOrchard

Try this

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug
    Thank you for your post. I left my 5200 on overnight and when I set a new travel location this morning I now have speed cameras showing! Somebody must have done something
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomOrchard

Glad you are sorted

Doug