Go Basic not recognised in Mac OSX 10.15.6 — TomTom Community

Go Basic not recognised in Mac OSX 10.15.6

Have tried every recommended procedure. Also not recognised on Windows 10 pro laptop.
This may be the last tomtom I ever use

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    More information, anything that is shown on the TomTom itself?
    Also what you did by detail, so that I can recommend you the option that you haven't tried.

Make sure your USB cable is an original TomTom cable, if not, make sure it's high quality one.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,170
    Superuser
    Hi @DavidGraham

The Go Basic is designed such that except in certain circumstances you do not need a PC as all the functions that you would normally do are done via the units direct connection to your Wifi.

All updating off the Operating system and downloading of map and camera updates or even the addition of any new items like voices can be done with no PC involvement. If you connect the GO Basic to a PC with My Drive Connect running all you will see is a screen suggesting that you do things the easy way. There is no facility in the My Drive Connect software to manage your Go Basic.

Here is a video that explains what you should do.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

The circumstances where you would use a PC for updating are either when your Wifi signal is poor or maybe for health reasons you have a wired internet system therefore no Wifi. In these situations then you use a PC with My Drive Connect running and connect the GO Basic. Again as I said you will see a screen saying do it the easy way. Well at that point you keep the unit connected but use the menu system on the GO Basic to download updates etc. All you are using the PC for is as a connection facility to the Internet and nothing else. I don't recommend it but you could let the My Drive software run in the background and use the PC to browse the internet whilst the TT is downloading the updates at the same time.

Doug
  • DavidGrahamDavidGraham Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you both, but I need to connect to a computer to transfer a Favourites backup file from a previous Tomtom device. I've tried other cables and restarts, reloads etc on both Mac and PC.
    Superuser
    Hi @DavidGraham

Does this help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034293/transferring-favourites-and-pois-to-your-new-device-mydrive-connect/p1?new=1

In the video you are importing the favourites into the Mt Drive website not the My Drive Connect software. The My Drive website is the mechanism for importing Poi, route files etc into your account which then sync to your devices connected to the account

Doug
  • DavidGrahamDavidGraham Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug,
    I had imported the .ov2 file to my account on the website and despite constant Syncing in progress on the new Tomtom nothing is being imported. It had initially updated maps and other stuff.
    Thanks very much for trying to help
    Superuser
    Hi @DavidGraham

Firstly when your phone is linked to the GO Basic if you go into My Drive in the GO Basics menu does it say Stop Syncing bottom right. Do not touch it if it is as that means it is connected to your account. If it asks for your Password then when you have put that in and it links to your account then it should be syncing to the device.

Secondly have you looked in My Places on the GO Basic as that is where the POI file should be listed if it has been added to the unit.

Doug