My GPS is not working
edited January 24
The GPS on my watch is searching and searching for a GPS Signal en it cannot find it. So I cannot start a work-out. What can be wrong and how can I fix it? I have already reset the watch.
It could take some time to get a GPS fix, leave it for a few mins until it gets one.
To properly answer your question you may be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):
1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.
Make sure you are updating the QuickGPS file a minimum of every three days by syncing the watch. This caches the expected satellite locations and makes for quicker attainment. Also, do not try to get signal while moving, you are just making it harder on the watch. Best to just sit still with the button pointing skyward (or take it off and place it on a flat surface) until it finds the GPS. Make sure the watch is in an unobstructed area without large buildings, tree cover or reflective surfaces as this will cause a lot of interference. It will also take longer the first time you are in a new location but will speed up thereafter as it caches the location data for that spot. Once you get the Go it is best to give it another minute or two as Go is just the minimum satellites locked on. The longer you wait the more it will grab and the better your signal will be.
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base