USB lead — TomTom Community

USB lead

I am now in the market for a TT Premium.

My current Garmin USB lead is invisibly hardwired. Can I use this existing USB or do I have to use the one supplied ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I don't think you will be able to use Garmin's USB if it is hardwired, but you can use pretty much any generic USB with TomTom, also when buying a device, TomTom gives you a cable already, why do you need to use your old one?
  • KremmenKremmen Posts: 10 [New Seeker]
    Thanks

If I can use any generic USB then my Garmin one should be fine. It's just a standard 5v USB.

I was only querying because I seem to remember old TT's had a control wire that forced you to use a TT cable.

Using my existing one would save me ripping off all the dash trim again.
    No there is nothing like that TT's had a control wire, I used a generic one on my TomTom START Classic and it worked. So yeah, no need to rip of your dash again! :)
    Thanks
    Thanks

Dash trim off then, to be sure
    Well, if the garmin uses micro, then no need, but if it does use mini, then for sure trim off the dash
    Or maybe a small Mini to Micro adapter :)

I'm currently hesitating getting a Premium as I'm a bit concerned about the laggy performance complaints.

Might wait till TT release their 2021 range, if they do release a new range annually.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,230
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @Kremmen
    If you are buying an Adapter or Short Fly-lead... USB Mini Female to USB Micro Male
    If you choose an Adapter/Fly-lead that has the OTG (On the Go) specification, it's more likely to be compatible with your Tomtom....

PS... My GO Premium is not laggy :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks