How do I change a destination on a route? — TomTom Community

How do I change a destination on a route?

tomtomgrahammtomtomgrahamm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a route set up on my Rider 550 which has multiple waypoints set up to allow me to have a fun twisty ride.

But I want to change the destination, except there seems to be NO WAY to do this!

I can add the new destination as a stop on the route, but it won't let me delete the old destination or set the new destination as the route's destination, so I can't get an accurate figure for the distance or the time the route will take.

This used to be perfectly simple on my old Rider v2, but whoever designed the user interface for the v550 appears to have no comprehension of the words "user friendly".

So can I get rid of the old destination and add the new destination without having to re-input a whole bunch of waypoints?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,444
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @tomtomgrahamm
    I have a route set up on my Rider 550 which has multiple waypoints set up to allow me to have a fun twisty ride.

But I want to change the destination, except there seems to be NO WAY to do this (Snip)
    If you use the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    With your route planned
    Left click the mouse over the destination Icon and drag the route to the required destination....
    Or
    Scroll to the 'Destination' at the bottom of the list
    Click on the Trash can to the right of the Destination box
    Click on the + Add
    Enter the new destination name in the box
    The MDW (Route planner) offers some matching suggestions
    Select the required Destination
    The MDW (Route planner) recalculates the route to include the new Destination
    If required fine tune your new section of the route by adding more stops/waypoints

Don't forget to select vehicle type to 'Motorcycle' and if required use the 'Thrill' option
    Note if you use the 'Thrill' option, the default is for a 'Round Trip' (Sometimes the 'Round Trip' option can be a little problematic)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • tomtomgrahammtomtomgrahamm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    If you use the MyDrive Web Route planner....

So my only solutions are to either redo *all* the waypoints or, if I'm out on the bike, carry my desktop PC, monitor and an VERY long extension cable to do something which was so simple to do on my Rider v2?

Neither are exactly optimal.
    Don't forget to select vehicle type to 'Motorcycle' and if required use the 'Thrill' option
    Note if you use the 'Thrill' option, the default is for a 'Round Trip' (Sometimes the 'Round Trip' option can be a little problematic)

I stopped using the "Thrill" option when it started taking me down farm tracks with gravel and grass in the middle of them!

It seems that whoever designed the system for the Rider 550 either a) never used it themselves or b) hated bikers.

I was sold this device as an "upgrade" to my old Rider v2 with all sorts of "improvements" for a "better riding experience", but I'm tempted to switch back to the old one which was easy to use, didn't have the voice commands unexpectedly stop in the middle of a ride, worked consistently with my phone instead of constantly needing to be set up again, and had an intuitive and easy to use interface.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,444
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @tomtomgrahamm
    Firstly sarcasm is the lowest form of whit....
    I was replying to your original post which implied you had preplanned the route for your journey and wanted to make changes to extend the route....
    But I want to change the destination, except there seems to be NO WAY to do this (Snip)
    But instead, I find all you actually wanted to do was sarcastically criticize me and the Rider 550 and praise your old Rider v2

Bye....
  • tomtomgrahammtomtomgrahamm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @tomtomgrahamm
    Firstly sarcasm is the lowest form of whit....

What form of wit is being patronising? (And I wasn't criticising you and I didn't even *mention* Br*x*t...!)
    I was replying to your original post which implied you had preplanned the route for your journey and wanted to make changes to extend the route....

Yes, as you correctly quoted, I set up the route *ON* my Rider 550.

I want to be able to change the route *ON* my Rider 550 without having to use another device.

This should not be difficult.

TomTom achieved this with a previous Sat Nav, but their "improved" device won't let me do it.

In so many ways, the 550 is a backward step.
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Unfortunately, progress takes time :)