Runner 3 cardio+music screen freezes — TomTom Community

Runner 3 cardio+music screen freezes

jlvljlvl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello
I am experiencing problems with my runner 3 cardio+music. The screen freezes and shows incorrect time and, when I pres the button, I have to wait until the information on the screen changes. Sometimes it only changes in one half of the sreen, sometimes I can see all the information.
I have made a factory reset but it doesn't work.
Anyway, when I connect the watch to the charger o to the computer, the charging logo appears instantly.
Any suggestion? Any customer contact phone number?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I live in Spain

Comments

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    TomTom Sports went out 2.5 years ago. So no support expected from there. Reading out that, it appears that it's a hardware problem. Most likely it can't be repaired.
  • jlvljlvl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, xwintech, for your answer. I'll keep trying anyway.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,345
    Superusers
    jlvl wrote: »
    Hello
    I am experiencing problems with my runner 3 cardio+music. The screen freezes and shows incorrect time and, when I pres the button, I have to wait until the information on the screen changes. Sometimes it only changes in one half of the sreen, sometimes I can see all the information.
    I have made a factory reset but it doesn't work.
    Anyway, when I connect the watch to the charger o to the computer, the charging logo appears instantly.
    Any suggestion? Any customer contact phone number?
    Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I live in Spain

It sounds like a bad display so a factory reset will not help. There is no contact phone numbers for TT, they phased out phone support for watches last year and all phone support since COVID. You can contact support through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page using chat or email but unless it is under warranty there is not much they can do. They may offer a replacement unit for a fee but I would not take them up on it as they are obsolete.
    Superusers
    xwintech wrote: »
    TomTom Sports went out 2.5 years ago. So no support expected from there. Reading out that, it appears that it's a hardware problem. Most likely it can't be repaired.

You are incorrect, there is still support by chat and email but unless the unit is under warranty (and there are very few left that are) they will likely not be much help.
  • jlvljlvl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

It sounds like a bad display so a factory reset will not help. There is no contact phone numbers for TT, they phased out phone support for watches last year and all phone support since COVID. You can contact support through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page using chat or email but unless it is under warranty there is not much they can do. They may offer a replacement unit for a fee but I would not take them up on it as they are obsolete.

Thanks tfarabaugh. I have contacted and they were going to give me an answer. If I get to fix the watch I will comment
    Superusers
    jlvl wrote: »
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

Thanks tfarabaugh. I have contacted and they were going to give me an answer. If I get to fix the watch I will comment

Do not pay to fix the watch, they will just ship you a refurbished model and for the money you would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).