Touch has never worked since unboxed from brand new — TomTom Community

Touch has never worked since unboxed from brand new

Norry_TribeNorry_Tribe Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I purchased the touch for my teenage son for Christmas and he has never been able to use it.
When we charge it or plug it into a PC we just see the blinking 00:00 clock and the connection to mobile logo on the screen, or the battery logo. When it's plugged into any PC, windows gives me a code 43 error and won't allow the device to connect. I believe it may be faulty but I didn't keep the receipt. It's never ever been set up or used.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,460
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Norry_Tribe
    Welcome to the site....
    Getting Started with TomTom Touch
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960279-Get-Started-with-TomTom-Touch

TomTom Touch User Manual
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295160-TomTom-Touch-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    I purchased the touch for my teenage son for Christmas and he has never been able to use it.
    When we charge it or plug it into a PC we just see the blinking 00:00 clock and the connection to mobile logo on the screen, or the battery logo. When it's plugged into any PC, windows gives me a code 43 error and won't allow the device to connect. I believe it may be faulty but I didn't keep the receipt. It's never ever been set up or used.

Did you buy it this most recent Christmas? Was it new or used? That device has been out of production for over 2.5 years when TT Sports went out of business and is obsolete (and was never a good product in the first place). Code 43 is a driver error, did you ever successfully install the Sports Connect software required to use it?
  • Norry_TribeNorry_Tribe Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, Christmas just gone (2019)!! We bought I brand new from The Good Guys Au! We have the app, have tried multiple PCs/laptops/MacBook/android phones and none of them will detect the device! It's definitely not a USB driver issue as it's happening across so many different PCs and the 2-4 ports each one has, we did updates and reinstalls on some drivers and it did nothing in the way of solving the existing issue. It's stuck on the 00:00 blinking clock and no Bluetooth devices can find it either! It's DODGY!!
  • Norry_TribeNorry_Tribe Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can't update the device either if I can't connect it to anything! So that's a dead end too.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Contact Support using the Contact US link below as it is under warranty. There is only Chat and Email support during India business hours. Shame on Good Guys as they knew that product was long obsolete and discontinued when they sold it to you.