Can anyone help me connect my new Go Essential to my phone please? — TomTom Community

Can anyone help me connect my new Go Essential to my phone please?

Struggling with the app so connect to live traffic. Or can anyone find a phone number to talk to someone!!

Answers

• kieronkieron Posts: 458
    Superusers
    Hi there AngieB_56 -

I posted this earlier on another part of the forum:

• kieronkieron Posts: 458
    Superusers
    Here is an excerpt posted by JURES (another forum contributor) as a temporary fix for iPhones using iOS 13+ operating systems end of January -

If you pair the gps with iPhone without MyDrive app, traffic works flawlessly - perfectly!
    You can even install the MyDrive app afterwards and use it for routing - but -
    JUST DONT PAIR the gps over the app!!!
    Traffic will still work, MyDrive routing will work, the only thing that does not work will be smartphone features (calls/sms) but thats not important if using a motorbike.

Traffic and MyDrive under iOS 13+ works!!!!!
    - Delete the MyDrive app on iPhone
    - Delete old Bluetooth pairings of gps on iPhone
    - Connect gps to iPhone over Bluetooth under standard way
    - Install the MyDrive app
    - DO NOT pair gps over the app
    - have personal hotspot on iPhone turned ON just for Bluetooth and USB Only
    - DO NOT pair gps with WiFi of this personal hotspot

TRAFFIC AND MYDRIVE WILL WORK NON STOP!!

Problem is in the app (pairing through the app)

Using the Bluetooth and USB Only pairing hotspot will have less of a drain on your phone’s battery compared to the WiFi hotspot connection.

As JURES (the original contributor of this temporary fix) had explained, you can re-install the MyDrive app onto your phone, sign in to it and use it for routing to send to your devices, but just don’t pair the Bluetooth within the app to your gps.