Traffic does not work on my device. — TomTom Community

Traffic does not work on my device.

Traffic does not work on my device. I just bought a new Go Premium, and it is not working. Can you please help? Thanks!

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,473
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Rebecca123
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,923
    Superuser
    Hi @Rebecca123

Whilst waiting for one of the Mods to check your settings on the TT servers could you check the following:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Scroll down and Tap Your Information and Privacy
    It is essential that the first option Use my Location etc must be selected otherwise Traffic will not work.

Doug
  • Rebecca123Rebecca123 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hey guys,
    Thank you so much for your help. The Use my location etc was selected, so that should not be the problem.
    I also had my account since a few years, using with other tomtom devices. So I thought it should be no problem with checking my account status. Before it was always working fine.
    Perhaps something else is the problem? Do you think the SIM card can have an error?
    Rebecca
    Superuser
    Hi @Rebecca123

If you are within range of your Wifi your Inbuilt sim will self disconnect. If you move out of range then it should connect

It is likely that the unit has not been set up correctly on the TT servers when you added it to the system. If for example you go to Settings/maps/add a map if you are not offered a list of the world maps to choose that would also indicate the units settings on the TT servers need sorting.

Let’s see what @VikramK has to say on Monday.

Doug.
  • Valentyn526Valentyn526 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello. Why does the service "Traffic" not work in Belgium?
    Superuser
    Hi @Valentyn526

Not sure why but unless someone knows otherwise assume it is an issue between Tomtom and the Mobile Data provider in Belgium.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi @Valentyn526

Welcome to the community!

Could be related to a software glitch, I would recommend that you do a factory reset and check again.....

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Vikram, I did already try a factory reset, but it still does not work. I also tried it oustside the reach of my wifi, but no success. What could be the problem?
    Thanks, Rebeca
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    @Rebecca123

Hi Rebeca
    I think in your case it will require further investigation and so I would suggest that you report this to the customer service. They are equipped with tools to review the SIM status and advice accordingly.

Thanks, Vikram
  • adixxadixx Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 2020
    Unfortunately this is not a single user issue. Just had a reply from support saying it is a problem with service provider and technicians are working to resolve it.

The problem is its looks like our davieces need and software update as this problem exist in more then one country in EU.

Same issue in Belgium, germany, uk, poland, netherland! So its a tomtom technical issue rather than with one service provider.

So because i have received reply from suppprt ref the above, why tomtom officialy will not announce that there are blackout? from where its starts? What is the ETA? Simply more details.

Its annoying when you have 2000km trip and this servieces doesnt work and you have no idea whats going on especialy when you spend more €£ to buy model with built in sim.

We need more information and clarification ref the issues you tomtom are facing and which affecting us, product end users!

Please reply on this comment.

Kind regards
    Thanks @adixx, that's exactly what I think and would say. I am trying since days to get this problem solved, there is no way to contact customer support by phone, and I don't even know by now how to contact support! This is not what I expect when i buy a brand new 380 EUR-device! No information, no contact to customer support... Please let me know at least a number where I can reach tomtom directly?!
    Kind regards
    Rebecca
    Superuser
    Hi @adixx

Traffic works fine in the UK on my devices.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Rebecca123

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

If you have a problem with the above try another browser try the following.

Click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in top right on the next page Tap Red Contact Us bottom right

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

There is no phone Customer Support with so many working from home.

Doug
  • adixxadixx Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 2020
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @adixx

Traffic works fine in the UK on my devices.

Doug

Yeah for me too as long as you llay up with it at home but when in car its ok for 5 or sometimes 20minutes minutes and then go "no internet connection" and stay like this. Even drum reset is not helping.
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @adixx

I assume from your postings elsewhere that you have a GO5100 which should use the units internnal mobile sim to get Traffic data. That being the case then I suggest you follow the advice that @VikramK gave earlier in this topic and contact Customer support as they have the ability to check things, including the sim, whilst you are in contact.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug