Hi I would like to register my new Tomtom 6250 but can't find a link to do this? — TomTom Community

Hi I would like to register my new Tomtom 6250 but can't find a link to do this?

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,452
    Superusers
    edited August 16 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @PaulU
    PaulU wrote: »
    (Snip) I'm having difficulty with the phone app as it doesn't let me plan my route from a POI to my destination. I'm trying to plan it in advance for my lorry tomorrow.
    The search box says "Search for addresses and POIs", when I do this it doesn't bring up a list of POIs and doesn't show my POIs even when I type them in?

I prefer to use the Online Web based MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Tip... I find the 'Chrome browser' has the fastest screen redraw/refresh rate when moving around the Map....

A Route planned directly on the device generates a .ITN Route....

A Route planned using the MyDrive Connect Web Route planner and saved to the device using the Send Stops option is an ITN route....

A Route planned using MyDrive Connect Web Route planner and saved to the device using the Save & Sync option is a .GPX Track

Maybe Useful....
    I prefer .ITN Routes....

See... Here's a Complex 20 Stop journey....
    .ITN Route versus .GPX Track
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714337/#Comment_1714337

A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route
    An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

If you want to force a different route you simply add more stops
    Note...When you add the extra Stops Max Zoom right into the road
    Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up road on the route after the required traffic island exit....

Using the MyDrive Web Route planner....

Using a .ITN Route planned on the MDW Route planner...
    The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner....
    For .ITN Routes with NO Stops... The Menu Shows 'Send Destination'
    iiqpfjt825ei.jpg
    For .ITN Routes with Stops........... The Menu Changes to 'Send Stops'
    z9lgonvfc3fi.jpg
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    If you are using .ITN route and 'Send Stops'
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

Complex Twenty Stop .ITN Route Rider 400
    lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware .ITN Routes....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer and when 'A' IS NOT your present location...
    The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

Important....
    For a more detailed info about the 'Dropped 1st Stop Bug'
    Click on the Link...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the Route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Register? What do you mean by register. I assume you want to connect your TomTom to your MyDrive account. Goto Settings > TomTom Services and sign in.
    Superusers
    edited August 15
    Hi
    @PaulU
    Welcome to the site....
    See Tomtom FAQ... Get Started
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014482660

Tomtom GO 620 User Guide Download....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295140-GO-620-Wi-Fi-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PaulUPaulU Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your replies, I watched a YouTube video unboxing and setting up the 6250 by Kuda Automotives. It advises buyers to register the device on the Tomtom website using the serial number on the box as I can extend the warranty for 2 years?

I have already installed MyDrive on my PC and phone and signed up.
    I don't really get the PC app for the 6250 as it just tells me that my device has Wi-Fi and to add a different device?

I'm having difficulty with the phone app as it doesn't let me plan my route from a POI to my destination. I'm trying to plan it in advance for my lorry tomorrow.
    The search box says "Search for addresses and POIs", when I do this it doesn't bring up a list of POIs and doesn't show my POIs even when I type them in?

xwintech wrote: »
    Register? What do you mean by register. I assume you want to connect your TomTom to your MyDrive account. Goto Settings > TomTom Services and sign in.

Does this automatically extend the warranty?

Superusers
    edited August 16 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @PaulU
    (Snip) I'm having difficulty with the phone app as it doesn't let me plan my route from a POI to my destination. I'm trying to plan it in advance for my lorry tomorrow.

Tip... I find the 'Chrome browser' has the fastest screen redraw/refresh rate when moving around the Map....

A Route planned using the MyDrive Connect Web Route planner and saved to the device using the Send Stops option is an ITN route....

A Route planned using MyDrive Connect Web Route planner and saved to the device using the Save & Sync option is a .GPX Track

Maybe Useful....
    I prefer .ITN Routes....

Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714337/#Comment_1714337

An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up road on the route after the required traffic island exit....

iiqpfjt825ei.jpg
    z9lgonvfc3fi.jpg
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware .ITN Routes....
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer and when 'A' IS NOT your present location...
    This bug also applies to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

Important....
    Click on the Link...

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the Route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PaulUPaulU Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @PaulU

Maybe Useful....
    I prefer .ITN Routes....

iiqpfjt825ei.jpg
    z9lgonvfc3fi.jpg
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware .ITN Routes....

Important....
    Click on the Link...

(7)... Saving the Route

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Thank you for such a helpful and in depth answer.