Anyone have any idea why my Go 5000 deleted the maps on the device?? Thanks! — TomTom Community

Anyone have any idea why my Go 5000 deleted the maps on the device?? Thanks!

I plugged the Go 5000 in to navigate yesterday evening as usual - but it froze and after a few minutes came up with a message to say no maps installed... The device has lifetime maps - which I updated a year ago - and worked fine - until yesterday. Only apparent option on the Tom Tom connect appears to be to buy a new map. Is this a case of built in obsolescence by Tom Tom - or rip off??
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Mikeuz

Certainly you should not buy a map as you still will have the original map that came with the device and any others you may have bought associated with the unit.

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up on Monday and reallocate your map/maps so you can download them to your unit. Those with lifetime updates will be the latest version.

Look back here on Monday.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    edited August 17
    Hi
    @Mikeuz
    Welcome to the site
    Firstly the GO 5000 is still fully supported by Tomtom….
    Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Be Aware....
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 9GB +

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can add a small Map to your Account to get you passed the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi @Mikeuz

I reviewed your account and I just wanted to confirm that you have World maps active for your TomTom.

Our team confirmed that this could be a problem related to Case 3.1 (Described here)

As @YamFazMan suggested, try downloading a smaller map first onto the internal memory of the device.

Regards, Vikram