620 Go Professional Connection Issue with iPhone

Andy1979
Andy1979 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Hello.
I’ve just bought a new 620 Go Professional but when I try and connect my phone which is a iPhone 11 Pro Max running the latest iOS software all I’m getting is connected disconnected connected disconnected constantly. The satnav is all up to date to.

Any ideas?

Answers

• kieron
    kieron Posts: 538
    Superuser
    Hi there Andy1979 -

Here is an excerpt posted by JURES (another forum contributor) as a temporary fix for iPhones using iOS 13+ operating systems end of January -

If you pair gps with iPhone without MyDrive app, traffic works flawlessly - perfectly!
    You can even install the MyDrive app afterwards and use it for routing - but - JUST DONT PAIR gps over the app!!!
    Traffic will still work, MyDrive routing will work, the only thing that does not work will be smartphone features (calls / sms) but thats not important on bike.

Traffic and MyDrive under iOS 13+ works!!!!!
    - Delete MyDrive app on iPhone
    - Delete old Bluetooth pairings of gps on iPhone
    - Connect gps to iPhone over Bluetooth under standard way
    - Install MyDrive app
    - DO NOT pair gps over the app
    - have personal hotspot on iPhone turned ON just for Bluetooth and USB Only
    - DO NOT pair gps with WiFi of this personal hotspot

TRAFFIC AND MYDRIVE WILL WORK NON STOP!!

Problem is in the app (pairing through the app)

Using the Bluetooth and USB Only pairing hotspot will have less of a drain on your phone’s battery compared to the WiFi hotspot connection.

As JURES (the original contributor of this temporary fix) had explained, you can re-install the MyDrive app onto your phone, sign in to it and use it for routing to send to your devices, but just don’t pair the Bluetooth within the app to your gps.
  • Andy1979
    Apprentice Seeker
    That’s great I’ll try that. Thank you.
  • Andy1979
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello. I’ve given this a few months and deleting the app hasn’t done anything to help but having personal hotspot on has helped a little. The satnav still disconnects every 15-20 seconds but live traffic is useable with it doing this.

Only thing I’ve found is when I’m using my Bluetooth earpiece as well the tomtom causes issues with it.

I’m now running iOS 14 on my iPhone with no improvement.

Cheers.
  • raffael84
    raffael84 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    Problem - persists. Currently using an iPhone Xs with iOS 15.4.1 and a Via 52. Can pair and also connect for a few seconds - but then connection is suddenly lost.
  • Andy1979
    Apprentice Seeker
    I’m now using an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the latest update and still having connectivity issues. The only way round it I’ve found is to connect to the Tom Tom using my personal hotspot via Wi-Fi. . I have no issues then.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,842
    Superuser
    Hi @Andy1979

Apple introduced a security change in IOS 13 and later that has affected the TT units. To link your unit via Bluetooth do the following.

Delete the current bluetooth pairings from your TT device and iPhone and also delete the Personal Hotspot connection on the TT unit.. Now go to Personal Hotspot in settings on The Phone and turn it on. Now go to Bluetooth in the phones Settings and turn it on and after Tapping Add phone on the TT devices Bluetooth page and Pair the devices. At no stage do you involve the My Drive App in the process as that is what has been affected by the security change. Now the unit should work without issue with your phone provided you have Personal Hotspot turned On when you are connecting to the TT unit. During this process you will not be asked for the Personal Hotspots password and if you have Deleted the Personal Hotspot link in the TT units Wifi option the Personal Hotspot will not show as a saved connection on the Wifi page.

Doug
  • Andy1979
    Apprentice Seeker
    Just tried like you suggested. All I get is connected-disconnected-connected-disconnected all the time.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,842
    Superuser
    I @Andy1979

I can only suggest that you try a factory reset on the GO unit and set it all up again and see what happens. Check all you My Places and My Routes are saved to your account by going to the My Drive WEBSITE and log into your account.

Doug