Speed cam alerts not working on go520 — TomTom Community

Speed cam alerts not working on go520

i have a lifetime subscription but have not used the unit for about 6 months. maps and speed data have been updated and i have done a factory reset but alerts not working or showing

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    More information please. What alerts don't work (speed cameras etc.)?
  • FairgameFairgame Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    no sound alert or visual display of speed cams all of which are switched on in settings
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Fairgame

Have you checked if when you Tap Menu do the Speaker Icon bottom left and/or the Alerts Icon Bottom righthand end of the Volume bar have lines through them. If so then Tap to remove the line.

If they are okay then try a Soft Reset

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not sort it then a Factory Reset. Firstly check your My Places etc are saved in your account by logging into your account on the My Drive Website. Then

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

The current Operating Software and Map version son the device will not be changed by this process.

Doug
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    He already did a factory reset, it didn't work.
    Hi Doug
    the speaker and alerts icons are not crossed out and i have done the factory reset
    it does show the charging station icons which i can switch on and off
    just confirmed in the about menu that traffic and speed cams subscription is valid and updated. traffic appears to work ok
    just done a soft reset and when the map came up there was a speed cam update so reloaded that. I had done the update previously and was ll up to date. having reloaded the update there is no change - still not showing cams
    Superuser
    Hi @Fairgame

Just to check what makes you say the cameras are not on the map.

If I zoom in on my GO5200's map where I know there is a Cameras it does not show a cameras is there. So cameras are not displayed on the map like POI's can be. However if create a short route on the unit which runs past the Camera and then using Route Preview in Current Route the Cameras is shown and announced.

Doug
    I will try that thanks. I did try a full road test before i started the discussion and cams were not shown or alarmed. Thanks
    Hi DougLap
    The signs showed on a route preview and this morning took it for a run and got signs and sounds on a guided route and unguided so all looks well. It must have been the second update after the soft start that sorted it. Many thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @Fairgame

Glad you are sorted. 👍

Doug
    Just been on holiday to North Yorkshire from Derbyshire to Whitby area. Speed cams on M1 and one on a bridge over the A1 near Wetherby gave a warning but nothing for the rest of the week - just the same cameras on our return. I know NYPolice do not have statics only mobiles which I saw several of but gave no warning. They are shown on PocketGPSworld site. Checked the settings and subscription on my TT520 which were OK. But it did another speed cam upload. Begs the question about how many cameras are listed on TT or whether my unit is not working properly