Go5200 Voice control cannot be used with your display langugae — TomTom Community

Go5200 Voice control cannot be used with your display langugae

Hi,
I just bought a go5200 in the UK, and any english voice that I select an error shows that this voice is not available for the selected language, and voice control and street names will not be read aloud.
Can anyone help me get a British male voice that is compatible with voice control?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,879
    Superuser
    Hi @hershberns

Have you selected In Settings/Languages and Units English (UK)

The computerised voices that you need are Serena and Malcom and if they are not at the top of the List of voices available to you then hopefully @lampard can add them to your account so you can download them to the device.

Doug
  • geogympiegeogympie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Here in Australia I use the voice 'KEN'. Clear British accent. Maybe you could find a way to download the voice.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,879
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @hershberns

It looks like this has not been picked up. Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up tomorrow and add Serena and Malcolm as you are in the UK and so enable you to activate Voice Control.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,866 Moderator
    Hi @hershberns

Welcome to the community and sorry for my late reply...
    Computer voices have been activated, please check for updates when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards, Vikram