Why isn't TomTom doing anything about its appalling reputation for customer support? — TomTom Community

Why isn't TomTom doing anything about its appalling reputation for customer support?

wpqswpqs Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
TomTom has an appalling reputation for poor customer support - see https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tomtom.co.uk. Why isn't the company doing something to address this? My experience to date makes it likely that I will add to this chorus of complaints on Trust Pilot.

Answers

• MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 84 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    The best support is on this forum and includes TomTom employees.
  • wpqswpqs Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That does explain the reason for the poor reputation!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @wpqs

Looking at the latest submissions it seems the auto renewal system that is in place is the very prevalent. . I have already started on this with Tomtom and I shall send them the link to further emphasis the issue

Someone was on here recently moaning about how much they had just spent and it did not work. At no point did he/she indicate the model Tomtom unit they have or the issue they had with it. They just Moaned. in more than 1 post. They have been asked by more than one to indicate the issue and model and they have not come back. There is only so far you can help people who don't go about it the right way to get assistance and you begin to wonder if they really want help..

One of the complaints in Mid July on Trust pilot was re the Go Camper. We have just sorted the same issue for 1 and are doing the same for another at the moment. Don't know if either of them are the person concerned.

Regarding getting through to companies it took me ages and ages the other week to get through to my banks fraud department to confirm whether or not I had an issue.

Doug

Update looks like the second Go camper resolved.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @wpqs

Further to my earlier post one persons on TrustPilot commented that Tomtom had stopped honouring Lifetime maps after 3 years That is totally untrue as they are still honouring updates on all units sold with Lifetime maps even those declared obsolete. If that person had come here they would have been sorted.

Doug