EV charging points — TomTom Community

EV charging points

I would like to buy a TomTom that shows EV charging points across Europe. Ideally it would show me where they are, whether they're in working order, whether they're in use and which network they're part of. And of course it would then guide me to any charging point that I select. Could anyone tell me which TomTom models provide this service? Thanks! Nick

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    No TomTom device provides that kind of service at the moment.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @Nick_Morphet1

All the currently offered units receive the EV Charger file which when set up will show Electric Points on the map.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,476
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @Nick_Morphet1
    Welcome to the site....
    +1 Doug's post... All the currently offered units receive the EV Charger file which when set up will show Electric Points on the map.....

ATB YFM
  • Nick_Morphet1Nick_Morphet1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks everyone!

I had a feeling that it should be possible, because I had been reading this: https://www.tomtom.com/products/ev-charging-availability-routing-services/

Doug could you tell me how I get hold of the EV charger file, and how I go about setting it up? And do you know whether it would work with my current GO 800? I would ask these questions of TomTom themselves but haven't been able to find out how to!

Thanks again,

Nick
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Nick_Morphet1

I don't recognise a model GO800.. If is was available for your unit I would have expected you to have been offered it already unless it is one of the models that has been delayed obsolete.The new units would be supplied with it and are regularly freely updated as I did with mine today.

Doug