Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 9 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• EldewyEldewy Posts: 31 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Eldewy wrote: »
    I had one crash though, but the cool thing is that TomTom GO, unlike AmiGO restarts itself after a crash which is much safer when driving.
    Please make sure that in Settings > Other > Privacy, Help us improve is enabled. This sends us an anonymised log in case the app crashes.

I have it enabled :+1:.
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    per i precedenti feedback
    samsung s20 plus
    androide 11
    renault clio 2019 evoluzione di rlink
    AA 6.1.610524
    sorry if you accidentally delete from the group, what happens? are you no longer a beta tester?
    sorry how can you rejoin the TT group, after I left it by mistake .. thanks ..
  • EldewyEldewy Posts: 31 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    sorry how can you rejoin the TT group, after I left it by mistake .. thanks ..

As @RonaldM01 mentioned above, you can also post your findings here.

If you still want to join the Google group, send an email to TomTom contact person, who sent you the Beta program invitation.
    done but the strange thing that those who invited me replied that he has nothing to do with the beta and does not understand who could have sent the email with his address being private of TomTom ... this thing is very strange ..
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 24
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    done but the strange thing that those who invited me replied that he has nothing to do with the beta and does not understand who could have sent the email with his address being private of TomTom ... this thing is very strange ..

I didn't had an answer back, neither from Jurgen. Fact is we were invited AND accepted by Google for the Beta program, but no one is answering why it's not available in their country as some also mentioned here. So please clarify this thank you!

nav_beta_familyandfriends

sorry someone knows this group, I was part as a tester, I canceled by mistake and I can no longer participate, whoever sent me the email says it has nothing to do with beta testers. can you help me thanks
  • FrupFrup Posts: 20 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited February 24
    Don’t you have the original invitation that you received by mail? At the end of the mail is an invitation link, that directs you to that Group. However, in my case, Google groups shows ‘no content available’. Very strange.
    edited February 25
    the email is there, when I enter it gives me empty content, I think it is who invites you who must add you to the group, it is not automatically, but I repeat it was in fact the app is updated to 2.7.11, now that I do not do most of the group the app in the play store is 1.9.6, and it no longer says that they are ub beta, cone if everything is connected.
    there have been updates of the TT application to understand if it updates even if I left the group by mistake .. thanks
  • gazza4223gazza4223 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm in the same boat, content unavailable and the app is not available in my country, a bit of clarity from someone in the beta who works there would be of great help
    thanks
    gazza4223 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, content unavailable and the app is not available in my country, a bit of clarity from someone in the beta who works there would be of great help
    thanks

I have also just now received emails from the group but I'm not in it or cannot see it
    Same here. Very confusing! You can only see the content in the email itself by the way. Visiting the group it's non-existent. Why is nobody of Tomtom responding to our questions?
    BoefjeNL wrote: »
    Same here. Very confusing! You can only see the content in the email itself by the way. Visiting the group it's non-existent. Why is nobody of Tomtom responding to our questions?

You can interact with them via the email, I've just had a response to the question (kind of) I put forward in a reply! odd!
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 45 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    In newest version I like the toggling overview/driving view in AA as on phone, not so much the toggling sound/no sound button because it is not so easy to see the small symbol next to the loudspeaker symbol to know what I have set it to. Sometimes tomtom just stops navigating me during a journey, although it seems to know it has a destination because if you try to put in the destination again it treats it as a stop and not a final destination.

TT GO Beta Version 2.7.41 beta-develop (3866)
    AA Version 6.0.615334
  • halberhalber Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    It is possible to show a red window, or change the color of an existing one, when approaching to fast a speed trap.
    @halber
    Not speeding is much saver for other traffic and especially children.
    Just a warning is sufficient.
  • korkkork Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited February 25
    Hi
    i also got the beta invitation in the last days and was already able to do some tests... here a first feedback and observations using tomtom via android auto:

- generally already seems to work and navigate very smoothly (first impression) - nice
    - No side bar (e.g. on the right side of the screen) for showing traffic info / radar / ... - this is one of THE KILLER FEATURES of Tomtom Go, that differentiates it from other nav apps (at least when using it the smartphone) - not yet implemented?
    - My Places (Meine Orte) does not show all entries (just 5 of ~20) - sync with my places does not work?
    - No possibility to zoom in/out via Android Auto controls - not yet implemented? would be needed to zoom into e.g. road or traffic details on the screen
    - No possibility to move map in any direction (switching between 2D and 3D mode works) - same as above
    - occasionally non-reproducible crashes... app is restarted immediately - no clue why...
    - when entering a destination with using search the mobilephone also open a search dialog. Did not notice this behaviour with any other function

more to come in the next days...

Regards

--
    TT GO Beta Version 2.7.41 beta-develop (3866)
    AA Version 6.0.615334-release
    Samsung SG10+ - Android 11 TDM
    Mercedes C205-ComandOnlineWithAA, Mercedes B247-MBUXwithAA
  • limingliming Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Update to 2.7.41-beta 3866, the app was working for a while and then my car's screen became black. I can still heard the speed alert was running in background.
    Before this version, the app was working well.
    My car system is Ford sync 3.4 20136.
  • Oldace2000Oldace2000 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Have had the Beta App for about 3 weeks now without any real problems with the app itself.

Several users seem to be having trouble with sound / voices and unexpected crashes.
    I have had none of these, it all worked straight out of the can.

Maybe it could be something to do with the agility of the phone processor? My totally non-technical understanding is that the Samsung Galaxy A71 is fairly well specced. (Well that’s what the salesman told me...)

What I have noticed is that on several short one way trips the route takes a very convoluted path. V1.18.1 is much more sensible and direct. From my local shops V1.18.1 calculates 2.7 Km and V2.7.41 plans 3.6 km. Route planning is set to “Fast”. Not sure what is going on.

On the Freeway not far from home there is a BP service station on each side of the road.
    V1.18.1 simply plans straight there but V2.7.41 takes a weird route via back roads and ends up about 200 metres from the pumps. Inserting a waypoint on the off ramp, about 20 metres from the pumps the track goes past the pumps and via some more very minor roads to the previous point.

Anybody else getting similar results? For those with Western Australia Maps the location is shown as “BP Baldivis” (About 50Km south of Perth). For Northbound or Southbound the tracking issue is the same.

I need to go away next week and will travel about 1000km with some legs of about 200Km nonstop. Should be a good tryout for the app.

Cheers, Oldace.
  • r_huarte_68r_huarte_68 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just tested the Beta version. first impressions (Samsung S10, Skoda Karoq Scout): At first the navigation was frozen. I had to give permissions to the app on my smartphone to access storage. Once done, it has worked perfectly. It would be nice to ask for the permissions during the installation. Otherwise it works very smoothly. It has the virtues that we appreciate in Tomtom compared to Google Maps: Visualization clarity, offline navigation ... However, for many what makes the difference between choosing a payment option or using Maps is the sidebar with route points, absent in the Android Auto version. I suppose the developers know that, and will fix it sooner or later, because it is key when it comes to tipping the balance towards the purchase of Tomtom.
    There are still several people who where invited for the beta program but still have issues because of the fact there were 2 email addresses asked in it:

1. Your personal / communication email
    2. The Play store / Gmail account for access to the app.

Every followed exactly the steps given, but it seems the group and the beta aren't linked to the correct email addres.

So who can correct this?
    edited February 27
    the distance of the speed camera in meters and are audible and non-visual, it would serve as in AmiGo, it is vocal and visual in Android Auto.

Samdung s20
    Android 11
    AA 6.1
    TT 2.7.41beta
    Clio 2019
    I understand that some of us (especially from NL) were accepted for beta, but are not able te join for unknown reasons. While we hear nothing at all from TT! Despite our effort. It is not good to treat your customers like that.
    Too bad TT is letting us down. I am a paid customer of TT for years. I’ll stick to the built-in navi now (not TT).
    Please get me out of the beta program.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0