Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 4 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 48 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Jurgen, now that Just1 and walkerx have pointed out that, actually, Google **is** allowing 3rd-party nav apps, please can you go back to the developers and perhaps give us some meaningful information regarding the progress/timescale of AA integration - please? It's a vital issue to many of us
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 264 [Exalted Navigator]
    Google isn't free. I imagine TT may be facing a steep fee to get on board with this greedy monopoly. I guess they could offer a much more expensive version for AA, but maybe their surveys are not showing sufficient demand.
  • Russo92Russo92 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    TomTom AmiGo is available for android auto in public beta, what about TT Go?
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 46 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited January 16
    Couple of bugs I already encountered in a small drive. The instructions are random. Sometimes you get it sometimes not. Also very unstable at startup. It works or it doesn't. And when it doesn't you have to unplug and try again. But I love the layout. Simple and clear. Also love the pop-up of camera alerts. This can be becoming something very good with some efforts.

I also have a subscription on go navigation. When will it be avaible on this app?
  • PokeiardaPokeiarda Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Russo92 wrote: »

Yeah. I have just downloaded this as they said they would integrate this in to the speed cameras reporting on GO.
    Hopefully they'll put a good package together to rival the features on Google maps.
  • cbscbs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When then?
    Original announcement was Aug last year 🙄
  • lneamlneam Posts: 76 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Russo92 wrote: »

i have a theory about that,
    AmiGO is a free app, but GO is a paid app
  • Just1Just1 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited January 20
    70eyueuu6ph9.jpg
    9n08nzoe159d.jpg
    6jl78oln5rcc.jpg

It is a good start on AmiGo. Good visibility of the map/ colors.

For the mute button: today is sound/no sound. It should be great to add "only alert sounds " option.

There is no Advanced Line Guidance (as the Amigo map), it is the big lack. Also no possibility to connection to MyDrive to get the place synchronisation.

Can't wait for the TomTom Go app to be available on AA.

• matthew96matthew96 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited January 21
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention @Russo92 and @Just1 - I wasn't aware it was in beta. I just went for a drive with it. Fantastic first release! A couple of minor bugs to iron out, but far fewer than expected.

Well done team. I too look forward to a full rollout in TomTom GO, ideally with lane navigation.
    Little mistake in my last message: the third picture is the beta Sygic and not the beta Amigo!
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,998
    Superusers
    Hi @Just1, what version of the AmiGO app do you have? You pictures look a bit different from mine. In your first screenshot I see a blue circle around the first button at the top. And also in your latest screenshot I see a 'settings' button it seems (next to the 'End' button). I don't see those in my car. Maybe you have a different version?
    The blue circle, is because I have a joystick on my car (and a touchscreen), and it is the button selected.

On the latest screenshoot as precised in my previous message, it is a mistake: it is the Sygic GPS App and not the Amigo one 😉
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,998
    Superusers
    Clear, thanks :)
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited January 25
    Opening the Google Play Store for more car apps (16 December 2020).

I am very curious if there is any progress to report. Because of the big display in my car there is almost no place to put my phone for navigation purposes. And it looks weird having to need a second display for navigation when it can be integrated. I now automatically choose 'the easy way out' and open google navigation from Android Auto because it's easier. I so hope I am able to select TomTom GO Navigation within Android Auto soon. Especially because it's already supported by Apple CarPlay :/
  • GeorgeMumfordGeorgeMumford Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    edited January 25
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Hello @Jürgen, any update on this please? We're only 9 days from the end of the year and we don't appear to have had an update since August. Very eager and very much looking forward to this and would like information on how to apply to the Beta group please.
    Sorry I was away on holiday.

Android Auto is not open to any external apps yet (other than Google Maps and Waze). But we are actively working on Android Auto support.

@Jürgen

Any update for the community please? We're all looking forward to Tom Tom Go Android Auto (beta).

We can sign up for the Amigo Beta supporting Android Auto, however, we're all eager for the full product please.

Any update, will be appreciated thanks.
  • NargzulNargzul Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    @Jürgen Any update when we will be able to participate to the beta? I'm a software developer and I'm sure I could provide usefull report in case of errors.
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 29 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Here in Germany I received an update of the beta version of Tomtom Go last friday which supports Android Auto. An initial short test showed that it is usable but has bugs in it which need to be ironed out.
  • halberhalber Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Very interesting. Are there any pictures?
    How can I get this beta version?
    halber wrote: »
    Very interesting. Are there any pictures?
    How can I get this beta version?

try https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V6ZZHVB

I used this several months ago and was accepted shortly afterwards. It probably depends on how many have applied from a particular area. On page where it tells you what to do after you have been accepted, select install and It then installs a separate beta version of tomtom and subsequently updates it when updates are available. That means you can have the standard version to fall back on if you have trouble with the beta version.
  • halberhalber Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 1
    Thanks, I tried it right away. Let's see if it works!

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 295 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    why don't they do it the same way they are doing amigo - most developers on android have an option to become beta tester, you submit request and then find out if you are accepted and the beta then installs, you can then leave the beta easily by choosing the option to leave
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 46 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    @""martin.armstrong",
    Does it handle speed alerts like the amigo app? (pop-up in right).
    What about the information from the side bar. Is it gone in AA?( I know there are restricted to templates of Google).
    Is the lane assist the same as in the app or just the static lane view (so not the moving lanes).

Then a question for staff:
    Does TT have also acces to use the built-in car GPS when connected. (gm and waze does that so I'm curious of they share this with 3rd party apps also).
    Thanks for the first pictures! I hope I'll received my Beta access too.
    @ribero1985
    side bar does not appear in AA.
    I would assume lane-assist will also appear when relevant but need to test it further to verify that, including display when passing radar traps on route.gkda4e8py3ps.jpg