Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 14 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    edited April 20
    Jürgen wrote: »
    fedepi wrote: »
    This is the same GO Navigation app but beta.

Only if one is beta user, but in general it's different app published only some of LATAM countries, and features-wise it doesn't have to match with GO Navigation one.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 222
    Staff
    Fuzzbyroo wrote: »
    So I've been wondering. When TomTom Go gets a full release for Android Auto, will there be an option that will show us what street/road name and/or route number we're driving on like it does on the TomTom Go mobile app? Without using turn by turn navigation. I posted an example below:

zq0y97m4kpcl.jpg

We are aware of this limitation and it is being tracked under GONAV-2164. We will consider it as a future improvement.
    Thank you for the feedback.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 303 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    @szachowa so do you have to say the full sequence ie 'navigate to a postcode/location' for it to find somewhere and then you have to manually select or is it the same as what would get on your pnd's?

Also in future updates will we be able to select a place on our car screen or move the map?

Will there be a route bar?

You mention hopefully improvement in the search and recent destinations to show more items, but what about my places as this only shows the first few on my list which makes my places of no benefit.
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 74 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hello, I have been invited to test the beta version not the app, but I have the same issue that other beta testers have, I cannot download the app. I have deleted the cache and data for google play store and google play services. Please help!
  • Ernesto_CheErnesto_Che Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Where do I find the option Avoid tolls?
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Just an idea...
    In AA you have limitation of six places/favorites etc.. You don't have the route bar and other things.
    But you can also open the app when it's running in AA after you've click on "I'm not driving". Maybe it's possible to let see just in the app when connected to AA everything except the map because that's on your car screen and use this space for a bigger route bar... It's safes memory and battery I think cause now it's running dual maps.
    Is it possible to add exit nr of highways and road numbers to the blue instruction bord on AA like it is in the app?
    And current street name?
    edited April 24
    Where do I find the option Avoid tolls?

In settings then routeplanning then avoid and there you have the option toggle tolway on or off (on is avoid) 8xegniv5ns34.jpg
    @szachowa on the PND, I can say 'hey tomtom navigate home' or choose a destination in my places
    Staff
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Is it possible to add exit nr of highways and road numbers to the blue instruction bord on AA like it is in the app?
    And current street name?

Road numbers, highway numbers are not currently supported. We are aware of this limitation, and we plan to add this missing functionality in the future.

When it comes to current street name - we have considered it as a feature in AA, but we believe it may collide with ETA panel that we display at the bottom, especially for longer street names. At the moment we don't have in plans to add it, but it may change in the future if we get more complaints like this.
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited April 26
    hi I have been testing the beta for some time, and I have communicated in the past improvements that I have not yet seen.
    the color change in the lower left traffic curtain .. green, yellow, red.
    The speed camera warnings are also visual as in Amigo and not just vocal. t
    he current route as indicated by others as well. I am a beta Sygic and they have applied all of this ..

Latest beta
    Last AA
    android 11

Staff
    Hi @Giuseppe68 , thanks for the feedback. I have few questions, since it isn't clear.
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    hi I have been testing the beta for some time, and I have communicated in the past improvements that I have not yet seen.
    What do you mean here by lower left traffic curtain? Would it be possible to paste some screenshot?
    The speed camera warnings are also visual as in Amigo and not just vocal.
    Do you mean here lack of visual indication for upcoming speed cams on Android Auto head unit?
    the current route as indicated by others as well.
    I don't understand this point, could you please elaborate? Again some screenshot with an example would be great.
    I am a beta Sygic and they have applied all of this ..
    Great, good for them!

edited April 26
    I think @Giuseppe68 means by the lower left the ETA color. Green when no traffic, orange medium traffic or red heavy traffic delay on your route (like Google maps does).
    And if in the go app on AA if speedcams can be visualized like in amigo app(there is a pop-up in the right side of the screen for warning, with a average speed zone it let see your average speed and how long you're driving in the controlling zone).

I could be wrong.. :)

//Sygic.. Don't they use maps and the HD traffic of tomtom... :smile:
    @rabero1985 yes Sygic do use TomTom maps, traffic and cameras.

I was beta testing Sygic until they wanted £35 for me to continue beta testing their product.

And when I wanted to log issues, was told had to be done by their facebook page, which you had to sign-up for and you never got accepted, even though you were a beta tester. When you submit a ticket to their support even after you told to when leaving a review, 99% of time they don't bother responding.

TBH between TT and Sygic, TT is the better of the two and I have lifetime licence with Sygic and pay yearly for TT.

My car has built-in TT satnav,. but I prefer to use the AA version of TT or if I have to, my Go 6200

@szachowa it would be good to have the current street name at bottom or top of the screen and a speed camera icon with distance in the bottom right
  • Josemaria_4250Josemaria_4250 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 27
    Good afternoon, although I have not participated in the debates, since I am not testing the version, I have followed everything that is published with interest. Thank you all for your effort and work, my question is the following: Will the compatible TT version be compatible with the latest AA versions? I ask this because my version of AA which is 6.3.611324-release is not compatible with a certain navigation App that exists. I am really interested in the TT for AA compatibility, I have the Tomtom Go installed on the phone and in my old car I was using a Tomtom device with a still valid license.

Mod edit: Machine translated from Spanish!
    edited April 27
    Everything exactly what rabero1985 said.

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!
    edited April 27
    wr9oatgrz9tu.jpg
    Sygic ETA exchange those based on traffic

q7zg8aospu87.jpg
    AMIGO AUTOVEOX

With these two changes and perfection.
    szachowa wrote: »
    Hi @Giuseppe68 , thanks for the feedback. I have few questions, since it isn't clear.
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    What do you mean here by lower left traffic curtain? Would it be possible to paste some screenshot?
    The speed camera warnings are also visual as in Amigo and not just vocal.
    Do you mean here lack of visual indication for upcoming speed cams on Android Auto head unit?
    the current route as indicated by others as well.
    I don't understand this point, could you please elaborate? Again some screenshot with an example would be great.
    I am a beta Sygic and they have applied all of this ..
    Great, good for them!

mg]https://us.v-cdn.net/6031227/uploads/editor/n1/wr9oatgrz9tu.jpg[/img]
    Sygic ETA exchange those based on traffic

q7zg8aospu87.jpg
    AMIGO AUTOVEOX With these two changes and perfection.

edited April 27
    walkerx wrote: »

I was beta testing Sygic until they wanted £35 for me to continue beta testing their product.

And when I wanted to log issues, was told had to be done by their facebook page, which you had to sign-up for and you never got accepted, even though you were a beta tester. When you submit a ticket to their support even after you told to when leaving a review, 99% of time they don't bother responding.

TBH between TT and Sygic, TT is the better of the two and I have lifetime licence with Sygic and pay yearly for TT.

My car has built-in TT satnav,. but I prefer to use the AA version of TT or if I have to, my Go 6200

@szachowa it would be good to have the current street name at bottom or top of the screen and a speed camera icon with distance in the bottom right

I do not pay anything because I am part of the Facebook beta group and in addition to the google group beta testers

Staff

When it comes to the street name - I will raise this topic to discuss it once again.

Speed camera icon - we have this planned, please be patient, we are now stabilizing our AA implementation. After that, we will start implementing improvements.

When it comes to color in ETA panel - we also have this planned, same point as above.

Thanks for all the good words about TT Navigation :) We are doing what we can to adapt to feedback from our users.
    Staff
    Good afternoon, although I have not participated in the debates, since I am not testing the version, I have followed everything that is published with interest. Thank you all for your effort and work, my question is the following: Will the compatible TT version be compatible with the latest AA versions? I ask this because my version of AA which is 6.3.611324-release is not compatible with a certain navigation App that exists. I am really interested in the TT for AA compatibility, I have the Tomtom Go installed on the phone and in my old car I was using a Tomtom device with a still valid license.

Mod edit: Machine translated from Spanish!

Hi, yes, we are constantly updating our Beta/Alpha releases with newest possible car app library from Google. There shouldn't be any issues with AA 6.3.611324-release. Just make sure to have device with Android 6 or newer, since there are some limitations when it comes to supported AA version on older Android device. I think it won't be an issue for you, since 6.3.611324-release is probably the newest :)

When it comes to the street name - I will raise this topic to discuss it once again.

Speed camera icon - we have this planned, please be patient, we are now stabilizing our AA implementation. After that, we will start implementing improvements.

When it comes to color in ETA panel - we also have this planned, same point as above.

Thanks for all the good words about TT Navigation :) We are doing what we can to adapt to feedback from our users.

Ok grazie e non vedo l'ora di vedere le implementazione con AA.

Spero di vedere presto queste aggiunte in AA, c'è una data di rilascio?
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 35 [Legendary Explorer]
    lluiscn wrote: »
    I still can't use the -beta version. I'm with the -latam version and I don't know how to go back to the -beta.

I continue with this problem. I have been asking for this for a long time in this community and I have also sent emails for assistance but no one gives me any solution.
  • halberhalber Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    edited April 28
    Hello, I miss an acoustic signal or even a voice message when avoiding traffic jams. I also find it difficult to read the blue and green alternative routes

Mod edit: Machine translated from German!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category5

Bakkie25
Bakkie25
colinarthur
colinarthur
Narmonono
Narmonono
rabero1985
rabero1985
tgold
tgold