Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 12 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 51 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    it is not necessary to have only the invitation email, it also happened to me that by mistake I left the Google beta group, and the app is no longer updated .. you have to write to whoever sent you the invitation email and let you join the group again ... you will see that in lightning time the app updates ... good luck because I sweated seven shirts, because it seems that whoever invited you has nothing to do with the beta test ...
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 32 [Master Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    lluiscn wrote: »
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it got worse, I now have version 1.9.6 release/20.1 (3409)
    What country are you in? Looks like the latest beta hasn't been released in all stores.

Spain. But it happens to me like the Giuseppe 68, which I came out of the Google beta group think this didn’t affect.
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Using AA:

The TT GO beta version still has the problem that it sometimes stops navigating me. It may be when I deviate from the route specified by TT. When it happens, the X for cancelling the route is not displayed so I cannot cancel the route but if I select another destination it only accepts it as a stop-over point.

Also, as before, screen goes blank for a split-second and then 'loading app' appears for a couple of seconds but it carries on with the navigation so that is not really a significant problem.

TT GO Version 2.8.14-beta 2.8.14 (3934)
    AA Version 6.2.610914
  • paba2paba2 Posts: 21
    Staff
    edited April 6
    Beta app is currently based on TT Go flavor that is released only to some of LATAM countries. This doesn't matter if one accepted to become tester.

You can verify this under below link (as long as you are logged in with the same gmail account you use on Android device to download the app).
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.nds

Latest versions of app are differentiated with -beta/-latam suffixes to avoid confusion. Only beta version is AA enabled.

Hope that helps.
    Yes, I am a verifier.
    I was actually able to upgrade to beta 7.4.1 but no longer received any updates
    Staff
    edited April 6
    yes, but judging by the fact you were downgraded to 1.9.6 version I can only assume Playstore thinks that your account is no longer a tester's one.
    So please check again with link and check that you not have multiple playstore/gmail accounts on your phone which could also cause similar issues.
    I checked it out. If I were not a verifier I would not have been able to access this version either, only the production version.
    qnz0tiankeo4.jpg
    And we only use one email account.
    Staff
    Thanks for verifying, then it's looks like some weird issue on Playstore side.
    I would double check if you are still member of google group you received beta program invite email from.
    And maybe clearing Playstore's app cache/data could help?.
    edited April 6
    I have already done all this.
    I deleted data from the Google Play Store and Google Play Services. I also uninstalling 7.4.1 and so now I am on 1.9.6.
    I don't know if it can influence that I unsubscribed from the Google beta group. thanks
    I hope Jürgen, or any other moderator, comes up with a solution.
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Honestly: they don't / won't unfortunately... Many accepted in the beta had this (problem) already for weeks. Contact Tomtom support, as I did.
    BoefjeNL wrote: »
    Honestly: they don't / won't unfortunately... Many accepted in the beta had this (problem) already for weeks. Contact Tomtom support, as I did.

I give them a vote of confidence, but if they don’t fix it I’ll heed your advice. Thanks.
    I just downloaded the update to 2.8.20-latam. Many thanks to whoever fixed it. :)
    lluiscn wrote: »
    I just downloaded the update to 2.8.20-latam. Many thanks to whoever fixed it. :)

I see that this version does not integrate with Android Auto. Would it be possible to get the AA version?
  • limingliming Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 7
    Same issue with me. I didn't auto update to latest version, then I try to delete the origin version and install app again by the link from invitation email. Now the version I get is 1.9.6 release/20.1 (3409).
    I live in Taiwan.
  • QPRVQPRV Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello Jürgen,

Is it possible to become a beta tester from within the Netherlands? I am also programmer, so familiar with testing procedures!
    Using Sygic at the moment, but as I am a real TomTom fan for years, prefering TomTom!!

With best regards!
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 51 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    sorry the 2.8.20 update is not for all countries ?? I'm at 2.8.14 ..
    In standalone mode:

if I select a route for a car in the beta version and then use the current route menu to change the route type to cycling or walking, if I go back into menu because I want to change it back to a route for a car, it only displays the option that is already selected and does not allow me to change it back to another route type.

if I plan a route between 2 carparks, in the production version of Tomtom the carpark icons are also displayed at the start and end of the route but in the beta version they are not.

In the production and beta versions if I select a route for a car and then via the menu for the current route, change it to a route for walking, the estimated arrival time hardly changes and is not correct. If I change it to a cycling route then it is later but in the beta version it does not seem to be realistic.

AA Version 6.2.610914
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 55
    Staff
    if I select a route for a car in the beta version and then use the current route menu to change the route type to cycling or walking, if I go back into menu because I want to change it back to a route for a car, it only displays the option that is already selected and does not allow me to change it back to another route type.

Thanks, I will report it (or try to find if this is something already reported as a bug).
    if I plan a route between 2 carparks, in the production version of Tomtom the carpark icons are also displayed at the start and end of the route but in the beta version they are not.

Could you please provide some screenshots? I just checked with 2.3.7 and with newest Beta, and I'm not able to reproduce it.
    In my opinion this is actually expected to show departure and destination icons for A to B route between 2 car parks. Otherwise it would be hard to say where's beginning and end of the route.

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 55
    Staff
    edited April 12
    Hi @martin.armstrong ,

I have created bug report for us to investigate further about following (GONAV-2783):
    the first 2 screen shots show the start (Tivoli carpark) and destination input (liederhalle carpark), the 3rd shows the resulting planned route in the beta version and the 4th one shows the result in the production version (2.3.7 release/20.1 (3415)). I needed to expand the map a bit to get both parking icons displayed in the production version but in the beta version they are not displayed even when expanded as much as I can before they disappear off the edge of the screen. By the way, even though I have, I think, the same settings in both apps, the parking garages seem to be always displayed on the map in the production version but not in the beta version.

Also I have found a further problem in the beta version with the selection of a different route type from the menu when I have already specified a route. After I have altered the car (fast) route to a bicycle route by that method it seems to be stuck thereafter in this route type even if I cancel the route and specify a new route, even though in settings I have still got 'fastest route' set as the route type. The estimated arrival time looks like it is for a bicycle route and if I look in the menu for the current route it still displays just the line 'bicycle route' in the route type. I only got it to work properly again by resetting the app.

sq5xzbswm01s.jpg
    osh1xsos3om8.jpg
    a7vriwz5w588.jpg
    qb3dhm5v6pk1.jpg

AA Version 6.2.610914
    @szachowa

I have tested further the production version with altering the route type using the current route menu after having selected a route and have noticed that being stuck on a particular route type in this menu also happens there. However, all route options are displayed but it shows the selected route is the bicycle route even though in the app settings it is the car (fast) route and re-selecting the fast route there seems to make no difference to the route or the arrival time and when I go back in the same menu again, the bicycle route is again selected! So it seems to me that it is a problem that the beta version perhaps inherited from the production version and in both cases the route type stays stuck on the alternative route type that was previously selected in the current route menu. If you need further screenshots it will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon as I have no time left today.

AA Version 6.2.610914
    @szachowa

Anyway I need to test it further tomorrow afternoon as I get different results every time I try it in the production version, sometimes it seems to work correctly, sometimes not, but it seems to remember the setting of the route type set in the current route menu, even if you cancel a route and start again. Is that how it was designed to work?
  • Herby101Herby101 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Just curious, when will it be out of beta and ready for download from the Google Play store?

Thanks