Maps — TomTom Community

Maps

CraigJDCraigJD Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
I have an updated Europe South West loaded which includes the UK but the UK does not populate although the rest of Europe seems to.

Any Ideas. I have tried re-loading using the TOM TOM Home software and all seems to go fine but it still will not work

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Are you sure the maps you bought includes the UK itself? Maybe MyDrive set a smaller size map to save space.
  • CraigJDCraigJD Posts: 7 [New Seeker]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I can't be sure whats in the file but I have attached a screen shop of what should be there which does include the UK. Also if you look at the map options to purchase it appears to assume you already have the UK.

Any thoughts?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,975
    Superuser
    HI @CraigJD

Silly question . Are you selecting Uk when doing a Uk search.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,444
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @CraigJD
    Welcome to the site
    On the screen where you enter your City/Postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... (Should be the UK Union Flag)

Tap the Flag Icon
    Type Unit or as much of the countries name ie... United Kingdom to put the UK map Icon at the top of the list
    Tap the UK Flag Icon
    Now you can enter your UK Address
    The UK map will now be the default Map

If you plan a trip to another Country you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to the UK Map on your return

ATB YFM
    Hi,

There is only he one maps loaded, the device knows roughly where its is but you have to zoom out until you clear the channel before the maps for France, Germany and the others are correctly populated. No doubt it would be fine over there. ODD

Regards
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,975
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @CraigJD

Lets see what @lampard has to say on this after he has read all you have said as he also has access to the TT servers and the logs for your unit. Look back later.

Doug
    Hi YamFazMan,

That's the point really, there is no union Jack or UK option so I can only assume its missing even thought its supposed to be there!!

Same if you do a factory reset, no UK option to set as a default
    Will do thanks
    Superusers
    Hi
    @CraigJD

What are the 1st 2 Characters of the serial number it should be 'K' '?'

ATB YFM
    Its K4

Its a Rider V4
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @CraigJD

I don't have a NAV2 Rider I have the NAV5 Rider 550 (Wi-Fi)

But on my NAV2 Start device the Maps are selected as in my 1st post (Tapping the Flag Icon screen top right)
    Looking at the Rider V4 user guide have the moved the country selection button to screen bottom right ???

u8o4dqky70w5.jpg
    Or do you use the 'Switch Map' in the Options Menu....

3vmypx2r9svc.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan

Yes your right, you can switch either way, but my case the UK option is not there even though it is indicated as included within the Map file.

I will point out that I have two of these units now, the one I've had since this unit was released some years ago and once it comes on and picks up some satellite signals works fine. However if you let the battery run flat or plug it into the computer meaning it needs to re-boot it can sometime take several days before picking up any GPS, but as I said above, once it does it will work perfectly and has for a 3 week trip all over Europe without issue. (Unless it needs to re-boot). This is why I recently purchased this used unit so it will fit onto the mounts already fitted to the 2 bikes I have. It is also easy to transfer routes between our group as two other members of the group also still have this older unit.

Back to this used unit, When I received it this issue was present so I updated the maps and will happily buy another map but its just the fact that the map file should have the UK in it anyway unless of course its possible to disable that part in some way.

Hope that helps with the history, If you have any thoughts on the old units GPS issue I would be interested in that too.

Thanks