Reinstalled TomTom Go stuck at "Preparing your app to get maps" — TomTom Community

Reinstalled TomTom Go stuck at "Preparing your app to get maps"

Hi guys,

I uninstalled TomTom Go and reinstall again on play store, when launch the app got stuck at "Preparing your app to get maps", the blue car spin around in circle, a minute later the message change to "Something went wrong.".

Any idea what to do?

Thanks.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,104
    Superuser
    Hi @KingPanda

Try deleting and reinstalling again turning the phone Off between the delete and reinstall.

Doug
  • KingPandaKingPanda Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, have followed your instruction but same issue and error message.

I am using android 6.0.1 if that make a different.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,104
    Superuser
    Hi @KingPanda

Maybe @lampard will pick this up.

Doug
  • pabapaba Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Are you on wifi or mobile? Are you using external sdcard? At this point in flow app checks for so called expansion file, normally it should be installed alongside app. But sometimes Playstore decides otherwise and app will have to download it, you should see notifications about that in notification drawer. There may be some problem with contacting Google Play Services.
    Thank you Paba.

The phone does not have external sdcard and it is connected to wifi.

I see additional files get downloaded during the installation process, after the main download, but have no way to verify if it have everything.
  • pabapaba Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Do you have enough space left on device? What is the phone model if you don't mind? You may wanna try to restart phone or try different wifi.
    It is a ASUS zenfone 2 deluxe, there are plenty of free space and have tried with different wifi, still the same issue.

https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_deluxe_ze551ml-7475.php
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi there @KingPanda

I would advise you to make a clean re-installation of the App on your Android device, see the steps below:
    • Go to the Settings of the Phone.
    • Go to ‘Applications’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Go to ‘Application Manager’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Find the app in the list you’d like to uninstall and tap on it.
    • Click ‘Force Quit/Force Stop’.
    • In the ‘Storage’ section, tap first ‘Clear Cache’ and then tap ‘Clear Data
    • Here, tap on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Log out of the Playstore.
    • Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.
    • Open the Playstore login and reinstall the app on the internal memory (Not on SD Card).
    • Once done please close all the apps which are running in the background reboot the phone.
    • Reopen the TomTom app and test.
    If still no joy, please attach a screenshot of the error (something wen wrong) for better understanding.

Regards, lampard

• KristapsKristaps Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there @KingPanda

I would advise you to make a clean re-installation of the App on your Android device, see the steps below:
    • Go to the Settings of the Phone.
    • Go to ‘Applications’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Go to ‘Application Manager’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Find the app in the list you’d like to uninstall and tap on it.
    • Click ‘Force Quit/Force Stop’.
    • In the ‘Storage’ section, tap first ‘Clear Cache’ and then tap ‘Clear Data
    • Here, tap on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Log out of the Playstore.
    • Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.
    • Open the Playstore login and reinstall the app on the internal memory (Not on SD Card).
    • Once done please close all the apps which are running in the background reboot the phone.
    • Reopen the TomTom app and test.
    If still no joy, please attach a screenshot of the error (something wen wrong) for better understanding.

Regards, lampard

Hi. Sorry for jumping in, have the same problem. Tried all above nothing works. Seems app working fine till one more files (Selena) has been downloaded. Then tomtom app freezes.

• albekaalbeka Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the same problem on my Huawei 7" Tablet, Android 5.1.1, 1,9GB free RAM
    After new installation the same:
    when stating the App "the car is driving a circle" and then the error message raises : "Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten"
  • EX460EX460 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    edited August 26
    Old working Version 2.0.7 is available on APKPure

Mod edit: Please do not post any 3rd party links!
  • KristapsKristaps Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [quote="EX460;

Mod edit: Please do not post any 3rd party links![/quote]

Who ever edited, it wasn't nice. At least if Tomtom is not able to help with installing new app, let as use an old app till our paid subscription runs out.