No sound, alerts only on CarPlay — TomTom Community

No sound, alerts only on CarPlay

Pgee101Pgee101 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
Hi can anyone help me please. I have iPhone 11 and Tom Tom Go. Spoken voice Serena comes through and no problems. However when I put alerts only it shows camera but no warning sound comes though. Really frustrating can anyone help me please

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    Hi @Pgee101

Just out of curiosity have you turned the CarPlay units volume down when you are getting directions because on mine if the directions are being spoken and I turn the volume Off it turns the Directions Off. This will mean that the warning sound and Read Aloud re cameras would be turned off as well. Also in CarPlay there is a volume option top Right like the Menu.

What car do you have as I think there was someone who had a similar issue with a BMW connected to CarPlay by Wifi. Its fine on my VW attached via USB.

Doug
  • Pgee101Pgee101 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    It’s a 69 plate Kia Sportage no the CarPlay volume units are not turned down low. Have checked them today and when the app is on screen I have gone through the car to set to alerts only the same as the phone. As soon as I put it back to normal with serena giving instructions then it will sound
    It’s set as serena
    Superuser
    Hi @Pgee101

Have you accidentally turned warnings Off on the 3 icons that appear on the screen of your iPhone following the latest update. When you go to voices is the Volume bar there under Serena fully to the Right.

Have you set warnings to Read Aloud and selected all the cameras types etc.

If this does not work then I would delete the App completely , turn the phone Off then re-install the App and the required maps to see if that resolves it and the Europe Ferries Connection file. It does not just cover ferries.

Doug
    Ok will try thank you
    Superuser
    Hi @Pgee101

My apologise. I forgot to say the 3 sound options are bottom right when you Tap Menu.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0