Device in energy saving mode — TomTom Community

Device in energy saving mode

Goodmorning everyone,
I guess I got a rip off by buying a battery charger that gave for 5V and 3A at the output. I believe my device has gone into power saving mode.
What can I do?
Thank you
Invia commenti
Cronologia
Salvate
Community

Best Answer

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,628
    Superuser
    The third party charger may be able to give out what it claims but it has to signal to the TomTom that it is a higher power charger. Some chargers don't do that and some devices take what chargers can give regardless, but the TomTom does require the high-power signaling to keep it from going into low power mode.

That said, 3A seems unusually high output since standard USB chargers are usually limited to 10 watts or so. Any chance that charger has 3 ports, 1A each?
  • 65Frank65Frank Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, I have noticed the consequences of using an unsuitable battery charger. The one I bought has 2 USB ports and each should provide 3A (so it was written).
    Anyway, following Doug's advice, the problem is solved for now.
    Thank you for your invaluable assistance.
    Invia commenti
    Cronologia
    Salvate
    Community
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @65Frank

Glad you are sorted. 👍

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,423
    Superusers
    Hi
    @65Frank
    The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 WiFi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1624825/#Comment_1624825

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • 65Frank65Frank Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi YamFazMan,
    I tried to go to the link:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1624825/#Comment_1624825
    but it tells me permission denied.
    Invia commenti
    Cronologia
    Salvate
    Community