GPS positioning on device — TomTom Community

GPS positioning on device

good morning, I have the device that no longer works. even if I reprogram it, it continues to make the same defect and does not position itself because the GPS does not work. I have sent several emails but no one answers me. how to do to fix it? Thanks for the reply regards Mauro

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 10
    Your device may not have been updated for a while. The WNRO issue may be preventing the device from getting a GPS fix. Assuming the device is so old that it doesn't even use MyDrive Connect. Go to TomTom Home, remove everything and reinstall again except the navkit. After everything is done, download and install the navkit from the server. It should now work. Go to Help or contact TomTom Support.

• mauryg8mauryg8 Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    edited August 10
    the device is recent and is always up to date. with the latest update had problems. if I connect it to the PC and restore it, a black screen appears with a cable with a red x and remains so. my drive does not detect any devices.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    edited August 10
    Hi
    @mauryg8
    mauryg8 wrote: »
    the device is recent and is always up to date. With the latest update had problems. If I connect it to the PC and restore it, a black screen appears with a cable with a red x and remains so. my drive does not detect any devices.
    Welcome to the site....
    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device....

When the device is in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be connected to your PC using the supplied USB Cable with MyDrive Connect running in the background for the Recovery process to complete....

MyDrive Connect must be running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect...

Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

See Tomtom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out....

This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....
    You may need to contact Tomtom Support on Monday....

Due to COVID-19 the Tomtom Support phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Stay Safe... ATB YFM